starting strength gym

Thread: Always room for JELLO! Tuna...not so much....

Default Always room for JELLO! Tuna...not so much....

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have a can of tuna at my desk at work. And the idea was that after I eat all my healthy lunch, if I'm still really hungry, I'd eat the can of tuna instead of snacking on junk food. The problem, I'm never hungry enough to eat it. But if someone was to bring in cookies, or donuts, candy, pop, etc. I'd jump at the chance. ANd at home, even if I am super full, I eat the most satiating food around, if there is junk food around the house, or someone brings me something, I'll magically have room in my belly to eat it! WTF? I struggle with this because more recent research on obesity (WHole Health SOurce Blog for example) seems to suggest that eating a low food reward and high satiety food is a good weight loss strategy and that your body could reset to a lower setpoint....but that doesn't seem to reduce cravings for junk food....how do you change that? Any pointers?

Thanks.

The hyper palatable/rewarding food can override satiation signals and thus, you eat. Stop eating junk, let you palate/brain reset. Also, if you don't buy the junk you won't eat it. Finally, if you must eat some dirty stuff do this:

-make it a meal out at a restaurant
    -you must be with other people (no dining alone)
    -keep feasting period to only an hour
    -don't bring home any leftovers

Also, willpower/motivation helps.

i guess it comes down to having enough willpower to pull through long enough to adjust....I actually don't eat that bad 90% of the time...just too much. It's an all or none thing with me. It's funny, I stopped putting cream and sugar in my coffee a few years ago. The other day I put in some sugar for some strange reason, and forgot. I just about threw up it tasted so awful. I thought, what the fucks wrong with the coffee! then I remembered. I guess if I can do it with sugary coffee I can do it with other shit as well.

cheers.

Yea, if you can find a way to get motivated to stick to something, like making weight for an upcoming meet or competition perhaps, that helps. Eating ketogenic/low carb type diets without a lot of seasoning/sauces seems to really help too. I think you might dig doing that style of eating with a 1x a week all out binge-fest. Thoughts?

Might I suggest finding stuff that tastes good and kills the craving for junk, but isn't that junky... For instance, I found that while I was eating low carb, if I had a liter of milk during the day, it would still be doing low carb, but I didn't have a lot of cravings. But if I didn't have the milk... I had the most scary and despair inducing carb cravings.