starting strength gym

Thread: Nutrition plan advice

Default Nutrition plan advice

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello Jordan,

I've got a mate whos a little fluffy and interested in weight lifting but doesn't want to start until she's lost a little weight (she's in fear of 'bulking up' (I've tried to explain aswell))

She's 21, 5' 9", weighs 68kg (i wouldn't class this as fluffy but each to their own)

Now currently she's doing 3, 1 hour HIIT sessions a week. Stuff like fartlek training on the rower, bike or running etc

My question is do the macros I've set up for her look about right, pro 100g/cho 80g/fat 35g or should i lower the carbs a bit and up the fat slightly?

Thanks!

You have her eating only 1035kCal per day??? This is far too low in my opinion, but she may have a screwed up metabolism from long term dieting and copious amounts of hamster-wheeling.

I'd start her at 175/125 (30g fiber included)/50 and run that for 2 weeks and see what happens. I don't know how you can actually do HIIT for and hour, but if I were her coach I would get her to lift for 30-45 minutes, then do 20-30 minutes of sprints/HIIT with a 1:3-1:4 work to rest ratio 3x per week. Adjust her macros after 2 weeks down, up, or keep them the same. Losing slowly is a good idea.