starting strength gym

Thread: a few questions on where to go as an intermediate body fat wise

Default a few questions on where to go as an intermediate body fat wise

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    You told me a few weeks ago that I could probably get up to about 200 at 20% bodyfat and I think that I will. The training has been going well doing SS as I am not really stalling on any lifts though the presses are giving me some trouble sometimes(sets of 5 sq 375 bn 245 pr 175 dL 455). I am about 190 18%bf 5'9". I am conflicted on whether or not to keep this dirty bulk up as I go on to intermediate programming as I have read that the same caloric requirements are not required like they are when you are a novice because the rate of growth can't last forever. Just wondering if I should tone down the calories and try to get to say 13-15% body fat or just try and keep it in the 20% range because although I am not overly obsessed with aesthetics I would like to try and keep from getting fat while still trying to gain some muscle? thanks in advance

I think you should continue on your LP and slowly increase your macro and caloric intake over time (weekly or every other week) but to get out of the mentality of doing a dirty bulk, which is usually a pretty good recipe for getting fat in my opinion. Just get enough protein, carbs, and fat to grow at an appropriate rate, i.e. 0.5-1lb per week.