starting strength gym

Thread: Candida digestive infection causing acne - how can I continue strength training?

Default Candida digestive infection causing acne - how can I continue strength training?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey jordan,
    I have been suffering with acne for the past 5 months, nothing has made it better, it just gets worse and worse.

I am currently strength training, squatting regularly and I am currently the strongest I have ever been in my life. However I am suffering from very bad constipation, headaches and worse of all acne.

Literally after I eat carbs I can feel my face itching, within a few hours a large cystic spot appears, which takes ageses to go away, very painfull. I have been advised to follow a candida diet and that carbs are feeding the candidas, hence why I am itching so badly once carbs are digesting.

Artichokes
    (Jeruselem Artichokes are an especially good source of *Inulin)
    Arugula
    Asparagus
    Avocado
    Bok choy
    Broccoli
    Brussels sprouts (a strong antifungal)
    Cabbage
    Cauliflower
    Celery
    Chard or Swiss Chard
    Collard greens
    Cucumber
    Dandelion greens
    Eggplant
    Endive
    Garlic (inulin source)
    Green bell peppers
    Green beans

Jalapenos (antifungal)
    Kale
    Kohlrabi
    Kim Chi
    Leeks (Inulin source)
    Lettuce
    Mustard Greens
    Okra (non-breaded)
    Olives (packed in ACV only)
    Onions (Inulin source)
    Radish
    Rutabaga (strong antifungal)
    Rhubarb
    Sauerkraut (fermented & free of distilled vinegar)
    Seaweed
    Shallots
    Spinach
    Spirulina (Good protein source, strong antifungal, contains immune strengthening properties)
    Sprouts (green)
    Swiss chard
    Turnip
    Turnip Greens
    Watercress
    Zucchini

Liquids
    Water, lemon and lime water
    100% Chicory Coffee - Preferably Organic
    Dandelion Root Coffee - Preferably Organic
    Organic, strong antioxidant teas such as Nettle Leaf and Rose Hip.
    After one full month on the diet, you can test unsweetened pure coconut milk. This is available with as little as 0 to 4 grams of sugar per serving. The ingredients should read coconut milk and water, nothing else.

HIGH PROTEIN SOURCES

Organic eggs
    Organic eggs can be started during the first week of the diet and should be your main source of protein while on stage one of the diet for as long as possible.

Chicken and fish

OILS
    coconut oil
    olive oil
    sesame seed oil

CONDIMENTS
    Pure Sea Salt (preferably Himalayan sea salt)
    Black pepper
    Apple cider vinegar (ACV will also help your digestion)
    Apple cider vinegar mustard (after the first two weeks)

Is it at all possible to continue gaining strength on a diet such as this? I am expected to run it for a few months, close to 6 before I start introducing carbs again, I know for a fact that my acne WILL go away on this diet as it happened before, however I don't know how I can still gain strength.

At this moment in time I am doing set of 5x5 on the squat twice a week, adding 5kg each week, I am olympic pressing twice a week with sets of 3x5 adding a kilo every week. I have never felt so strong, I have never been so strong, my shoulders have never felt so good since I injured them, muscle and strength wise I am progressing quickly, more so than I really thought was possible. I don't want it to stop, I however need this acne to clear up and it never will if I continue throwing carbs in me.

I am aiming to blend large amounts of vegeatables in a blender with olive oil, drink that each meal and eat plenty of meat/vegetables. How do you think I should go about this jordan and can it be done?

thanks

You can get it done this way, at least for awhile. I don't agree with some of the claims of this "protocol" but it will likely help, nevertheless. Also, I'd watch blending copious amounts of green veggies for any sort of health benefit. Watch that your daily fiber doesn't exceed ~50g/day. Other than that, get after it.

Is there anything you would add jordan?

I believe I got this infection from one of two things which I was ingesting. Extra large servings of porridge oats, blended and/or GOMAD. I think with the infection, the high amounts of sugar in milk fed the candida.

cheers

You need to clarify which kind of Candida it is before we go pointing fingers, which we probably shouldn't do here anyway...

I'd add some MCT oil, kerrygold/clarified butter, and not eat only eggs as my main source of protein. I'd do some ground beef too.

Cheers for the info jordan.

I believe its simply an overgrowth of Candidiasis in the gut. I have been on a lot of anti-biotics to clear up acne and chest infections, I understand these can cause an overgrowth of candidasis.

I am always constipated, suffering rashes and sevre acne, my head is aching every single morning I wake up, eyes feel heavy, face itchy after meals etc I am pretty sure with my long term anti-biotic use and these symptoms that candidasis is the cause.

How much olive oil/coconut oil/mct can I consume safely per day when on this extremely low calorie diet? I have a lot of it stored away which I bought last year when on holiday in spain, i'm 5'8 and weigh 74kg, already a low bf%.

I am looking into recipes for bread with coconut flour and buckwheat flour for training days, hopefully this will work as a substitute.

thanks in advance

Are you sure you have candidiasis in the digestive tract?

I'm not sure that if you ate say 2000kCal from oil that you'd ruin the "diet", since I don't quite understand if the diet is facilitated by it being low calorie in nature? That said, you can have as much oil as you like and be fine methinks.

The diet is supposed to be low sugar, as sugar feeds candida.

I more concerned about how high levels, say 2000kCAL of olive oil would affect the rest of my body, for example the heart.

Anyway I am going to try making these breads, I will post a picture for the rest of the forum members. I am sure there are a few GOMAD victims who may be looking for something lower in calories.

thanks

starting strength coach development program
    In the short time? It shouldn't affect anything except the rate and efficiency you burn fat. In the long term? It shouldn't affect anything. High carb and High fat is bad news most of the time but low carb, high fat has been shown to result in pretty favorable "metrics of health"

Disclaimer: You should always consult a physician before doing anything. Ever. The advice presented here merely for entertainment value.