starting strength gym

Thread: Advantage of 4-5 meals?

Default Advantage of 4-5 meals?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    What are the advantages of eating 4-5 times per day, as opposed to just eating 2-3? I am assuming the meals/overall calories at the end of the day are identical in the two scenarios.

Optimal anabolism for skeletal muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Optimal anabolism for skeletal muscle.
    On a very different note, sir, you wrote somewhere that only 10gm of amino acids are assimilated in a day, then why do we need proteins= 1gm/lb of body wt. ? and thx for d constant stream of info on this forum on nutrition.

In other words I am curious about what happens to 200 gm(/day) of protein if it doesnt all get into muscle?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajesh View Post
    On a very different note, sir, you wrote somewhere that only 10gm of amino acids are assimilated in a day, then why do we need proteins= 1gm/lb of body wt. ? and thx for d constant stream of info on this forum on nutrition.

In other words I am curious about what happens to 200 gm(/day) of protein if it doesnt all get into muscle?
    8-10g of raw amino acids get assimilated into NEW muscle tissue in a best case scenario situation (this can be towards the lower end or higher end depending on tons of factors). The other protein remodels tissue you already have, turns in to glucose, or fat.