starting strength gym

Thread: Potassium Chloride intake levels

Default Potassium Chloride intake levels

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Coach,

I'm taking Xtend as per your protocol (thanks for that, great product). I picked up a bottle of ON's beta alanine and overlooked the fact that it also has potassium chloride in it.

Is this too much potassium chloride in the day or in one "sitting". I'm putting 2 scoops Xtend ( 170 x 2 ) after my workout and adding the beta alanine (55) brings it to ~300mg.

Also, I'm pulsing the Xtend 2 other times in the day between meals and was planning on adding the beta alanine then as well. Is that optimum to do or should I just take the BCAAs all on their own?

Total PC intake for the day would then be roughly around ~550-600mg (There's around 50mg in my multivitamin that I take and I'm sure it's floating around in some other stuff I may occasional take during the day).

Thanks!

KCl, potassium chloride is just like sodium free salt. That intake is fine. For reference you're talking about .5-.6g of KCl and I'm having 6.5g of NaCl today.

I prefer 6g of beta alanine taken over the course of the day split into 2g doses. 1 pre workout (with meal) and 1 post workout (with meal) and 1 at dinner. You can add it to bcaas if you want or take it with a meal