starting strength gym

Thread: Mucous after eating

Default Mucous after eating

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Jordan,

This may be a weird question or the wrong place to ask this but I was wondering if you've ever had anyone get increased postprandial mucous production in the throat? I've been noticing I get this after eating anything, I don't feel it's related to specific foods like dairy or high fat meals. I can't seem to clear my throat even with increased water ingestion. I've read this could be a sign of a food allergy, which isn't too worrysome to me, but could this be something more serious?

Thankd

P.s. What's the eta of Anatomy Bro?

Never experienced this or heard of it myself, we'll ask.

Anatomy Bro's first installment should be cut and published in April. Dissections are the easy part, video editing, and motion analysis data acquisition are the hard parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Never experienced this or heard of it myself, we'll ask.

Anatomy Bro's first installment should be cut and published in April. Dissections are the easy part, video editing, and motion analysis data acquisition are the hard parts.
    Videos too? I have a small pants tent over this project.

That happens to me after chinese food.

Quote Originally Posted by dienster View Post
    That happens to me after chinese food.
    Pants tents?

Quote Originally Posted by cwd View Post
    Pants tents?
    Depends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Might I suggest putting a newsletter sign up or something on the website so that interested parties can be alerted when you get it out?

Do you suffer from sinus related problems? What you describe is typical with this sort of things.

There are foods that, while not triggering an allergic reaction per se, will exacerbate or mitigate sinus issues. something as simple as cold drinks have an effect on slowing down the mucus lining responsible for flushing foreign matter down your throat to be eliminated in your stomach (yummy). If you are already slightly congested, this stoppage can be felt. Foods such as dairy products, breads, sugars, yeast, alcohol, and even chocolate either promote mucus production or promote inflammation.

Good foods to eat are those with carotenoids (yellow and orange vegetables such as carrots) which have been found to be beneficial to the sinuses. Flax and fish oils block enzymes that promote mucus creation and inflamation. Resveratrol from peanuts and grapes also block enzymes in the body that are responsible for swelling and inflammation.

And of course good old water. The more dehydrated you are, the thicker your mucus will be, and the more it will be susceptible to the effect of food.

Quote Originally Posted by strideknight View Post
    Might I suggest putting a newsletter sign up or something on the website so that interested parties can be alerted when you get it out?
    There will definitely be lots of shameless self promotion once I'm happy with the product. For now, just sign up for our RSS feed at the website :-)

starting strength coach development program
    This is very common. If you ever attend a meeting after lunch, you will hear people clearing their throats, coughing, etc. Everyone gets this to some degree. People who have gastroesphageal reflux get more. Don't worry about it.

Sunil