starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheat meals?

Default Cheat meals?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Cheat meals?
    What can they contain?
    How do I add them? In to the macros? Remove a food from my daily menu and eat a cheat? Just eat my daily menu and also a cheat?
    What cheats do you eat.
    Btw bulking on starting strength!
    P.s how often can/should I eat a cheat

I don't recommend all out cheats if they become binges, as they don't really serve a useful purpose in my experience. Planned refeeds can of course be used, which should be accounted into the macros of the refeed for optimal utility. If you want to cheat and go big, go ahead, but they aren't really how I would do things. Even people who I consult with who do not weigh and measure and DO GET FREE MEALS/DAYS have certain parameters that this is supposed to fit in.

Refeeds happen more often the leaner someone is, and I'd optimally put them on heavy and/or high volume training days.

No cheating.
    Might as well add another minor question say my carbs are 123 my pro is 456 and my fats are 789
    Total calories 101112
    And I do not gain around a kg a week what would I do then?
    Do I up calories only when stalling at bw? Or also lifts?
    And what do the calories go to? (CPF?)

If you're eating that much per day and not gaining weight, see a doctor as you likely have a malapsorption, encocrine, or other pathology. The calories are turning into expensive poop.

Those were just random numbers from 1-12 I think now you will understand the question

Got it, too much studying for me.

If you don't gain any weight after 2 weeks, I'd bump carbs up by 25-75g and fat up by 5-20g depending on plenty of factors like age, training status, leanness/lack of leanness, goals, compliance issues, etc.

As far as if you should up your calories up when stalling, that depends on where you are programming wise. If you stalled as a novice while eating sufficiently, then you don't need to up your calories, you need to have more appropriate programming. On the other hand, if you just started SS and stalled 5 weeks into it (without being a more advanced trainee) you either started too heavy, your form is suspect, you haven't fueled appropriately, or you're a female.

The calories go into repairing, remodeling, and ultimately rebuilding skeletal muscle tissue and constituents therein in addition to the rest of your bodies metabolic processes that require energy. Ultimately, all of your food will become amino acids, glucose/fructose/galactose (at some point it'll be one of these three), or a fatty acid and it will then enter into one of many pathways to get assimilated into tissue, energy, or formed element of the body.
    Last edited by Jordan Feigenbaum; 02-23-2013 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Got it, too much studying for me.

If you don't gain any weight after 2 weeks, I'd bump carbs up by 25-75g and fat up by 5-20g depending on plenty of factors like age, training status, leanness/lack of leanness, goals, compliance issues, etc.

As far as if you should up your calories up when stalling, that depends on where you are programming wise. If you stalled as a novice while eating sufficiently, then you don't need to up your calories, you need to have more appropriate programming. On the other hand, if you just started SS and stalled 5 weeks into it (without being a more advanced trainee) you either started too heavy, your form is suspect, you haven't fueled appropriately, or you're a female.

The calories go into repairing, remodeling, and ultimately rebuilding skeletal muscle tissue and constituents therein in addition to the rest of your bodies metabolic processes that require energy. Ultimately, all of your food will become amino acids, glucose/fructose/galactose (at some point it'll be one of these three), or a fatty acid and it will then enter into one of many pathways to get assimilated into tissue, energy, or formed element of the body.
    Today has been one week since I checked weight, upped by 200 grams.... Pretty shit..this is before shitting, I don't manage that in the morning. What do I do, wait another week?

I'd up the cals for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    I'd up the cals for you.
    Upped carbs by 75
    Fat by 20
    Total cals 480
    Cals per day 4100
    17 170 lbs about 185 c
    See how it goes this week...

starting strength coach development program
    On the right track with what I did there? ^

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast