starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Muscle Milk brand

Default Muscle Milk brand

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thoughts on these? The reason I ask is that I travel a lot. They sell these almost everywhere including gas stations. Very convent on the road. Just looking to supplement diet at airports etc.

I've heard both good and bad. Good says they are balanced because they contain fat and bad because they contain fat.

Thanks!

They're okay in a pinch but I wouldn't buy their powder to use as a staple. To many useless fillers, carbs, and fat that I'd like to get elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    They're okay in a pinch but I wouldn't buy their powder to use as a staple. To many useless fillers, carbs, and fat that I'd like to get elsewhere.
    Roger. Thanks!

Jordan,

What protein powder(s) do you recommend? Based on quality and taste? Thanks.

Scivation, Dymatize, and Optimum Nutrition are the ones I use regularly. No complaints. Dymatize has an all natural line with stevia in it if you're into that sort of thing.

Dymatize is the goods.

Beware the protein shakes though. I wouldn't trust it for potency.

Yeah, likely a lot of fillers but I haven't looked at the label in a long time.

Used to be standard belief that the premade shakes simply degraded the protein. Not sure if that was ever rectified. They aren't something I keep up on.

I'm not necessarily worried about any protein degradation, as that will happen just a few feet down the pike once the proteins get to bathe in some stomach chyme. I'm more worried about replacement of whey protein with collagen and similar proteins that have crappy amino acid profiles.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

starting strength coach development program
    Don't know if they changed their formula, but when Muscle Milk was tested in 2010, three daily servings were enough to put you over the recommended limits for cadmium and lead, and close to the recommended daily limits for arsenic. By contrast, most tested supplements (about 2/3) did not reach near these levels when used as recommended.

I personally don't go near the stuff. I'd rather buy a quart of whole milk, or if I'm really desperate buy a six-pack of high protein Boost.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast