starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do eggs have estrogen?

Default Do eggs have estrogen?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Do eggs have estrogens? If yes, then in which part- yolk or white? How much? Is it harmful? Thanks in advance Mr Feigenbaum.

They have phytoestrogens and relatively speaking, they are located more so in the yolk (30-40ug) than the white (~5ug phytoestrogens /100g). These amounts are teeny tiny compared to foods with actually significant levels of phytoestrogens, i.e. soy (600x the amount/100g). They're not harmful in my opinion.

Thanks a lot JF for the exacting info & the blitzkrieg response. Is there anything about nutrition you don't know?

I know enough to know I don't know anything. Sad but true.

And why are these 'phyto' (seems to indicate plant origins)- estrogen? Are not the estrogens present in egg animal derived? Just outta curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajesh View Post
    And why are these 'phyto' (seems to indicate plant origins)- estrogen? Are not the estrogens present in egg animal derived? Just outta curiosity.
    Animals eat plants and vegetable matter and the phytoestrogens come from there usually in most animal foods. However, eggs, cheese, and milk-derived products have some mammalian phytoestrogens produced from the bacteria in the gut metabolizing plant matter. Not exactly sure how this plays out in chickens and cows...

Eat your eggs with broccoli? I'd heard it had aromatise inhibition factors

Quote Originally Posted by Trewarin View Post
    Eat your eggs with broccoli? I'd heard it had aromatise inhibition factors
    And some nandrolone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    They have phytoestrogens and relatively speaking, they are located more so in the yolk (30-40ug) than the white (~5ug phytoestrogens /100g). These amounts are teeny tiny compared to foods with actually significant levels of phytoestrogens, i.e. soy (600x the amount/100g). They're not harmful in my opinion.
    What about soy? It is really dangerous for men? I used to drink soy milk but stopped about 3 months ago when I started SS.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion View Post
    What about soy? It is really dangerous for men? I used to drink soy milk but stopped about 3 months ago when I started SS.
    Soy has some potential to cause some issues if it's the bulk of your protein sources or dietary calories. I did a video podcast on it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast