starting strength gym

Thread: Proper way to eat after a diet

Default Proper way to eat after a diet

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi Jordan,

I've got a question about transitioning to a maintenance/slow weight-gain after a weight loss.

I'm 32 years old, 180cm (5'11'') tall and started a moderate weight loss from ~99kg (217 lbs) in January. I'm at 92.7kg (204 lbs) at the moment, and I'm expecting to finish around 90 kg (198 lbs) near the end of March.

I'm eating a fairly strict paleo diet, (no milk) with a larger meal a week (paleo-ish, with a bit extra rice). Maybe one extra cheat meal a week, but still a nutrient rich meal, not a box of donuts or something. I'm eating starchy vegetables (sweet potatoes, potatoes plantains) only on gym days, three days a week.

I fasted walk one hour in the mornings on other three days a week. So it's like 6 days a week, I either train or walk before breakfast.

When I reach around 90kg, I'd like to get stronger again. I intend to eat paleo in the future. What approach would you recommend in adjusting my current diet/cardio to achieve this?

I'd ditch the fasted walks in favor of HIIT 2x per week on off days (optimally) or at the end of training days. I'd also start including 1 extra serving of starches everyday and 1 additional one on training days (so 2 on training days) on week 1. See how your weight changes after this, and keep adding servings (of carbs at first and then fat too) each week that your weight normalizes and doesn't go up by more than 0.5kg or so.

Thanks!