starting strength gym

Thread: Two questions-macro adjust/veggie protein

Default Two questions-macro adjust/veggie protein

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Jordan,

Suppose one blows your suggested fat macro for the day but still "has room" in their daily carb count. Does it make sense to not consume the caloric equivalent in carbs to make up for the overage in fat? The idea being that if the potential is there to at least keep the overall daily cal's in check while still hitting protein numbers, is it worth doing? As I type this, I realize that that it's kind of a dumb question (I'm full of them) considering the fact that pro and cho are different types of fuel sources. But I'm still curious.

If veggie protein sources (from whole foods; not supp's) are incomplete on their own, should veggie protein sources be counted towards the total daily protein count? Or only animal sources?

Thanks Jordan,

Jon

Yea if I went significantly over on my fat, I'd pull carbs out to make the calories approximately equal. I'm not saying they're equal fuel sources or end up with equivalent effects on metabolism, but this would be a better scenario in my opinion unless it was a planned refeed day. On a refeed, the carbs are more important for thyroid, leptin, etc. whereas the fat is basically inert. Avoiding carbs for fat on a refeed day isn't worthwhile.

RE: Veggie proteins
    I would count them if you're eating a good chunk of meat/animal proteins. Yes veggie proteins are incomplete in and of themselves but it's not a big deal in the context of eating a meat-rich diet. If you were vegetarian, this would be different.

Thank you sir.