starting strength gym

Thread: Rate this diet

Default Rate this diet

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My goals is just get stronger without getting too fat; I'm on intermediate programming, and work in a warehouse that I'm on my feet moving shit for 6 hours essentially( I have no machine equipment so I walk everywhere in the warehouse)...just tell me what you think of this diet; I know it lacks veggies

breakfast: 5 eggs scrambled 2 pieces of bacon

Piece of fruit as snack later

Lunch sweet: potato, piece of fruit, and healthy sized serving of some kind of protein

Dinner 1: healthy sized serving of some kind of protein and two cups of rice

Dinner 2: healthy sized serving of some kind of protein

Right before bed: two scopes of whey with milk

I cook and fry with butter, bacon grease, and olive oil

I try to eat my carbs later in the day because that's when I'm in the warehouse, prior to that I'm either in the gym or sitting on my ass at school

The warehouse work doesn't cause you to need more cals, carbs, etc. provided you've been doing it for a good bit of time (think about a mailman walking everywhere). At any rate, it looks fine although I can't say much more because I don't know what a "healthy sized serving of _____ is", I don't know how old you are, how tall you are, what you weigh, and how your weights are progressing.

How often would you say you eat this way over a course of a month?

20, 6ft 230lbs, all my lifts are lbs

380 1x5 squat
    455 1x5 dl
    227.5 5x3 clean
    180 ohp 3x5
    255 3x5 bench
    chins 3xfailure bw+20lbs
    row 110lb dumbell 3x7
    fs 285 3x3

as far as the serving of meat goes, for example last week I made 7 porkchops breaded and fried in bacon grease, a 2lb meat loaf, and 7 pork ribs that put a rub on then pan fried with no grease,butter,oil

so I cut the meatloaf into 7 relatively even slices and every day ate 1 rib, 1 pork chop, and 1 piece of meatloaf along with everything I listed in the OP.

sorry about the lack of information, now that you mentioned what you needed , I remember reading that in the sticky a few weeks ago.

Oh and all my lifts are increasing weekly minus the frontsquats

and I fry the eggs in butter

It looks okay to me, although it's a little higher fat and lower carb than I'd like. Protein looks okay to me provided these servings are ~7-8oz of meat (hard to tell exactly from the description). I think you'd get some mileage out of BCAA's pulsed in between meals (especially while working and post workout) and then adding some more carbs in around your workout time.

I don't weigh my food so I cannot think of a better way to describe it, sorry.

If you were going to change anything what would it be? Drop the cooking with oils? Do you think I can enough fat just from the eggs/meat and don't need to be frying with the grease and butter with the eggs?

You'll definitely get enough fat from the eggs and meat if you switch to a higher carb type of diet, which is what I would do given your age, but you won't know until you try it out and see how you run. I'd probably cut the fat at one of the meals and add in another 1.5-2 potato, rice, or oats servings and go from there. If the meat portions are about the size and thickness of your palm, they're probably pretty close to 7-8 ounces. If you like the way you're running on this higher fat, moderate carb type of diet then keep it the same and add carbs and fat as your waist, weight, and recovery demands.

My week is typically like this

Monday: wake up 9 a.m., leave house 10 a.m., be at class by 10:50 a.m. stay at school until 4:30 p.m. when classes end, drive up to job which is ~ 20-30 minute drive that starts at 5:30 p.m. and ends 12:00 a.m., home and in bed 1-1:30 a.m.
    Tuesday: wake up 9 a.m., leave house by 10:30 a.m., go to gym , be back by 12:30 p.m.- shower and dress for class, be at class by 1:50 p.m. - class ends at 2:55 p.m., stay at school and do home work until 4:30 p.m., leave and make to work for 5:30 p.m. shift, leave at 12:00 a.m. and be in bed by 1-1:30 a.m.
    Wednesday: Same as Monday
    Thursday: Same as Tuesday
    Friday: I sleep in until about 11 since I don't have, and only have work ( push prowler a few times)
    Saturday: only gym and then time is spent on school work
    Sunday: prowler, preparing food for the week, and school work

starting strength coach development program
    Thank you