starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best supportive gear to add a quick 10 pounds?

Default Best supportive gear to add a quick 10 pounds?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by afatgoat View Post
    Boxers, briefs, or nut pouch? What's going to add 10 pounds to my lifts?
    No matter what loin-cloths you choose, you should NEVER trust a fart while lifting in them.

Default Best supportive gear to add a quick 10 pounds?

Boxers, briefs or a nut bag? What's going to add a quick 10 pounds to my lifts?

I've been a convertee to sacs which are a bit of all 3. Common courtesy and the dislike of sweat dripping off my bag rules out free balling. What's the SSC consensus?

Power briefs, double ply will add way more than 10lbs.

If you're lifting in a meet (USAPL) you can't wear compression shorts or boxers, only bikini style. I like compression shorts from Adidas.

Everyone should wear cycling bibs when lifting.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

My recommendation to the OP is that he just get stronger if he wants to add a quick 10#. It's only a week or two of work.

Compression, or at least tight lycra'y type shorts are best bet IMO. Read article somewhere about how compression shorts can improve performance, or at least recovery.

I was tearing my regular boxer-briefs left and right whilst squatting. Think I tore 3 or 4 pairs in as many months. Jordan and some others recommended compression shorts, but I ended up going with some cheap Champion performance boxer-briefs. They're appropriately stretchy so don't tear. They didn't add 10lbs to my lifts, but I haven't had to spend money replacing underwear since.

I go with Steve's recommendation to add 10lbs to your lifts.

Try duck tape. Really helps you power out of the bottom.

I've been wearing compression pants from Spun Performance for a while now. Don't know if they improve performance, but the compression keeps my legs nice and warm between work sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Feigenbaum View Post
    Power briefs, double ply will add way more than 10lbs.

If you're lifting in a meet (USAPL) you can't wear compression shorts or boxers, only bikini style. I like compression shorts from Adidas.
    Do you think compression shorts would help an arthritic hip that on some days has less room for flexion and external rotation than on other days?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwynn View Post
    Do you think compression shorts would help an arthritic hip that on some days has less room for flexion and external rotation than on other days?
    I don't find compression shorts do anything support-wise so the likely effect on an actual hip injury or hip pain is minimal outside of a psychosomatic or keeping the joint warm effect. I've used single ply or double ply power briefs (from a powerlifting gear manufacturer) before when training around achy hips or SI pain. They work. Rehband power pants might be a good compromise too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast