starting strength gym

Thread: SS coach cert in my future?

Default SS coach cert in my future?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    First, I'm a n00b, a weak n00b. Check my posts and you'll see that so far the most I've accomplished is to get under Rip's skin. I happened to see that Rip's doing a SS Seminar in Denver in mid-July and that, from what I can tell, this is a step towards becoming a SS coach.

The way I see it, if I'm on the program and if I study the requisite materials, I should have enough time to become someone who is something sort of like strong by then. Also, not wanting to make (more of) a fool out of myself in Denver or waste ~$800 will likely keep me motivated to stay on the program.

Do I 1) shut up n00b, eat your protein, get your sleep, do your squats and find us in a couple of years ... maybe or 2) attempt to get the wife to agree to the ~$800 and just do it?
    Last edited by Mike Lane; 03-06-2013 at 01:02 AM.

Depends on what you want from the seminar. See this thread on attaining a SS Coaching certificate. note that nothing in that thread talks about how strong you are. It's about the process, not necessarily being "strong" (whatever that is).

Many come simply for their own lifting, which is an excellent reason to come to a seminar.
    Last edited by Steve Hill; 03-06-2013 at 08:12 AM.

For me, I'd figure I may as well get my money's worth, and would attempt the coaching track. Whether I actually end up training anyone or not. Teaching something is often the best way to learn it.

There are not separate "tracks" for coaching / lifting. Everyone lifts, and everyone coaches. You learn better that way.

When one teaches - two learn.