starting strength gym

Thread: The ammonia sweats

Default The ammonia sweats

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    They came back again on Saturday towards the end of my volume squat session. I hit all my goals for the session, so in that sense it went ok, but I was wrecked by the time i was done. Beyond just not wanting to smell like a janitor's cart now we're moving into florida's sweat season, i realize the fact this has now happened twice in just over a week indicates a metabolism not working at 100% and should be addressed.

I typically train fasted (lots of coffee and 30g of whey 15 mins prior) during mid morning. I'm not totally committed to pseudo fasted training, as I started experimenting with IF a while back to prove some ideas to myself and really liked the convenience. Until now it has never negatively affected my training. Could this all be just as simple as introducing pre-workout carbs and having a proper breakfast? Could maybe less coffee do the trick (less urine for same amount of urea = more concentrated urine and less need to eliminate N through the sweat)?

Possibly both could be the culprit but I'd lean more towards carbs intuitively. The first thing I would try would be to just sip some aminos/whey + waxy maize/dextrose during the workout and see how that goes. That way you don't see any performance decline from removing a potent ergogenic aid, caffeine, and you don't have to revamp your entire diet just yet.

Thanks for not suggesting a reduction in coffee

With the amount of coffee I drink it would be awfully hypocritical.