starting strength gym

Thread: Leg-Pressing my Squat?

Default Leg-Pressing my Squat?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    http://youtu.be/LApr2HwCvuM

First of all, apologies for the thin video. Will start going wider on the iphone!

I feel like I am muscling/efforting the weight up and that the movement is not efficient. With a more efficient movement, I am confident that I could add 25 lbs to the bar, this is about the heaviest I can "just get the damn thing up." I have really been trying to hammer down the proper diagnostic angles, and have been getting video of these two angles. These are my first and third sets, respectively. Some questions about my squat:

-Am I leg-pressing the weight up instead of driving my hips? It looks like there is a ton of horizontal variability on the ascent. If I am leg-pressing, am I sitting back far enough to make hip drive possible?
    -Is my descent too fast/low?

Load: 260 lbs
    Bodyweight: obviously too damn skinny (175)

Thank you for your time and consideration!

CD

Your squats are okay. Look down, perhaps narrow your stance a little, don't go quite so deep, and drive with the hips all the way to the top. You aren't leg pressing the bar, but you lift the chest about half way up on a few reps. It isn't awful, however. You really need to eat. You need that more than any efficiency of movement. Efficiency will not put 25 pounds on your squat. Eating some food will and training hard will.