Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: deadlift form check, please and thank u

Default deadlift form check, please and thank u

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rq95m_bF2MI

hows the form

related/unrelated: i have recent si joint problems/pain ( i think) my mom says the tightness in my back/hip area is making one leg shorter than the other or something to the sort
    Edit: ^ is just a back sprain according to md
    iv been going light on squats and foam rolling to see if it helps . usually post work out theres still pain even if it goes away after taking a rest
    Last edited by Poondestroyer; 05-06-2013 at 11:07 PM.

You didn't think very much before choosing your forum handle, did you?

Your pulls need a lot of work. But first let's address this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Poondestroyer View Post
    my mom says the tightness in my back/hip area is making one leg shorter than the other or something to the sort
    One leg being shorter than the other can only happen if there's an actual DISCREPANCY IN THE LENGTHS BETWEEN THE TWO LIMBS. Tightness cannot make one leg shorter than the other. I really hope this isn't what the corrective exercise people are claiming now.

Ok, now to your deadlift. You skip your set-up so we can't see how you get into position. But the whole thing needs so much work that I suggest simply reading the pulls from the floor sticky, doing that, and re-filming at that point.

Ok the doctor told me today that it's a muscle sprain in my lower back and he recommended to replace squats with lunges and benching with pushups also to try yoga. So once I get back on ss I'll probably drop the dl 270---135 . In the vid it's 1x5 300

Well, OK.

Your forum name is pretty damn awful. Did you read the link that Wolf posted? If so, tell me which of the steps you are not doing every time. Here's a hint - it's just about all of them.

On the bright side, 95 lbs looks pretty light for you. Stud.

Also, I recommend reading Starting Strength and performing the lifts accordingly.

Thanks for the help guys, yeah haha my name is pretty classic, I Knew you guys would like it. As far as the lift I thought I did follow all the steps in my new vid(95lbs). First I got the bar in the middle of my foot(0:12-0:19) (above the shoe laces), took my grip(0:19-0:26), then i went forward until my shins hit the bar(0:26-0:28), then pushed my chest up(0:28-0:29) and lifted it(0:30). Which step(s) am I performing wrong? The only thing I can see wrong is my hips being a bit too low which I think has to do with the plates being short (25lbs). Cheers

If by "pretty classic" you mean "embarrassing," I agree. Your shoulders are behind the bar on every rep and the bar is in front of your midfoot. The bar is not in contact with your legs. None of this really matters because this is the equivalent of lifting an empty bar.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Campitelli View Post
    If by "pretty classic" you mean "embarrassing," I agree. Your shoulders are behind the bar on every rep and the bar is in front of your midfoot. The bar is not in contact with your legs. None of this really matters because this is the equivalent of lifting an empty bar.
    Thanks those should be easy to correct. And im sorry youre embarassed, cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast