starting strength gym

Thread: Shoulder alignment on the squat. Align to hip joint, mid thigh or knee

Default Shoulder alignment on the squat. Align to hip joint, mid thigh or knee

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    When squatting, should my shoulder stay aligned with my hip joint, The knee or the middle of the femur?

I don't understand the question.

Quote Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
    When squatting, should my shoulder stay aligned with my hip joint, The knee or the middle of the femur?
    The position of the shoulder at the bottom of the squat is not determined by a point on the femur. It is determined by lever lengths and bar over midfoot, knees above toes, hips lower than knees, bar on posterior deltoids, and spine in normal extension. Wherever the shoulders are when these criteria are met is where they should be. Bar above midfoot is the most important one.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbert View Post
    The position of the shoulder at the bottom of the squat is not determined by a point on the femur. It is determined by lever lengths and bar over midfoot, knees above toes, hips lower than knees, bar on posterior deltoids, and spine in normal extension. Wherever the shoulders are when these criteria are met is where they should be. Bar above midfoot is the most important one.
    Is that was he was asking? Ah, ok. This is a good answer to that question.