starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Proof Old Guys Rule

Default More Proof Old Guys Rule

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/0...-gardner-home/

“He came in and that’s when I grabbed him by the throat and slammed him down on the floor and told him to stay on the floor and not to put his hands in his pockets. I didn’t know if he had a knife or a gun on him,” Salame said.

The ultimate, "Get off my lawn!"

Good on the guy. But I've gotta say, it makes me blink to hear him call his female companion his "girlfriend." Salame's 70, so I assume she's also of a certain age.

Girlfriend? Well, if she is young enough to use the term accurately, maybe the old guy does rule.

Wow. That guy is lucky he didn't break into a house in some states where the homeowner could have shot him just for being in the house. I want to live in one of those states. I live in a liberal fucking state where even if an intruder comes at me with lethal force and I shoot him, I would get off criminally, but would get sued in a civil lawsuit and - although would probably win that too, it would still cost me 20-30 grand in legal fees. (I learned this in an 8 hour long class at my gun range called, "Home Defense and Connecticut State Law")

I wouldn't live in Conn. It would be worse than living in Moore, Oklahoma.

One of the adages about the rural Midwest, if you make it past the age of 2 you'll live practically forever because you've already proven you don't die easily. Bad weather and a general lack of much more than volunteer fire departments, a weekly driveby from a deputy sheriff (maybe), and water wells on your own propterty with electric pumps produce people who learn to take of and fend for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by TomF View Post
    it makes me blink to hear him call his female companion his "girlfriend."
    What are you supposed to call them? I have a 62-year-old boyfriend. It sounds weird to say boyfriend but he's not my husband. Should I say "unregistered heterosexual domestic partner"? How annoying.

The word "boy" doesn't convey relative youth to you?

Well, "manfriend" makes me think of "A Fish Called Wanda" and Kevin Kline's "Harvey Manfrenjensenten." ;-)

starting strength coach development program
    Okay so since he teased me about doing snatches I'm going to call him my jerk. Problem solved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast