starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Come to Australia.

Default Come to Australia.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    There is no way that I am flying to your god forsaken nation to take the SS certification. However, is it possible to tempt some coaches to come to Australia to run a starting strength cert seminar?

How many people would you need at a seminar to make it feasible? If we all booked online and paid in advance could this happen?

If any other Australians are keen on this happening, why not express your interest in this thread? Let's start a revolution.

The economics and staffing logistics of this situation have been discussed on these boards before and they are not terribly favorable. The seminars would need to be a lot more expensive than they are now to cover the costs and it is entirely unclear if people would pay the rates necessary to make it happen. Lots of people say "Ooo! I would go to a seminar!" and then when it comes time to lay down the cash to attend and people start making their way to the exits. Expressions of interest on the Internet are worth precisely nothing. For verification of this, look to the meet that many people were badgering Rip to hold last fall. None of the fuckheads on the board that were clamoring for it showed up.

So, if we could get 25 people willing to pay at least double what the seminars cost now, I would say there's a chance, but it is not a big one. Getting six people to spend at least a week and lots of long hours in a plane is more difficult than getting you to come to America. Also, finding a place to hold a seminar is another problem that is difficult to solve at a distance. There are many hurdles to overcome at present.

Quote Originally Posted by hellca View Post
    If any other Australians are keen on this happening, why not express your interest in this thread? Let's start a revolution.
    IT's kind of hard to start a revolution without cadre to train the troops, and you have none.

We're all here.

See you when we see you!

Gotcha. I did a search on Australia, but I couldn't find any posts btw...

Anyway, paying double is still less than flying to Texas and accommodation etc... I see why people may be reluctant though... I didn't realise the seminars required six staff.

Dammit.

Yeah, you get a 5 to 1 ratio of platform staff to attendees. It is a personnel intensive operation. Makes for a much better seminar experience, however.

I flew from Melbourne to Seattle for the seminar in February. All up it cost me ten days, and with airfares and accommodation and loss of income it was $4,000. It was worth it, I am a better lifter and coach as a result.

You're making us Aussies look cheaparsed and lazy, stop.

Quote Originally Posted by hellca View Post
    There is no way that I am flying to your god forsaken nation
    Always a great way to try to entice some Yanks to go out their way for you.

If/when I ever come to Australia, I'll be sure to hold a camp or two :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Always a great way to try to entice some Yanks to go out their way for you.
    I'm glad someone else noticed that, too.

starting strength coach development program
    Also related:

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=16436

http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=31999

Some of the contact info listed in those threads is outdated, but, as you can see, this has been discussed before.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast