Dear Rip,

I wanted to thank you for providing such valuable information in your book "Starting Strength". It transformed the way I approaching fitness training.

I'm a recovering couch potato that started my fitness journey 5 years ago. What started as Krav Maga (Israeli Martial Arts) training turned into a passion to improve my athleticism. I wasn't a fan of going to a gym so I started with home exercise programs P90X and Insanity. I initially appreciated the challenge of these programs but quickly burned out and started to plateau. Over 9 months of Beachbody training and I still couldn't do one complete pull-up. This plateau lasted about 3 and a half years.

I met a trainer at the local YMCA who gave me a very brief primer and an exercise routine on various barbell exercises (about 15 different exercises). While I appreciated the introduction I knew I needed to narrow my routine to something that I wouldn't have me living in the gym all day and that's when I found your book Starting Strength from a Google search.

3 EXERCISES....that's all it took.

3 sets of 5 reps....that's all it took.

Add weight. Rinse. Repeat.

Within 6 months of following your program my whole world changed. Push-ups plateaus were shattered, my punching and kicking power skyrocketed, and I finally did my first complete pull-up...and 4 more like it.

This has changed my fundamental beliefs about fitness. Strength development is the foundation of my journey. I turned 40 this year and my fitness level continues to improve. I've reclaimed my lost youth and slowed the aging process without the need for botox. I espouse your teachings to anyone and everyone who asks why I look so damn good for my age.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for improving and extending the quality of my life.

Let me know if there are any new projects you're working on and I'll be happy to spread the word.

Best regards,

Wilfred Morgan