starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keeping Strength in the Strength Program

Default Keeping Strength in the Strength Program

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    "I know of only a few truisms, one being if your parents didn't have children, you won't have children. Another is, whenever you make a strength program easier, you will get weaker."

Bill Starr writes on the importance of strength as the primary objective in your training program and the hard work that's required to achieve that goal.

Direct to article.

Resources page.

What a great article. I really enjoyed it.

Hallelujah.

Another awesome article on the Starting Strength website. Among other things, Starr illustrates what a sad history we have. I mean, people buying Nautilus? Reminds me of the Emperor who had no clothes. How many people were browsing the bookstores this season looking for something decent written on strength. It's on this website.

Good article. This is stuff is really simple, and it's good to be reminded that a) strength rules and b) you gotta work real fucking hard.

"Whatever type of program you’re currently using, be sure to make strength your primary objective."

I really enjoyed this article. Thanks for posting!

that's a great article. thanks.

I wish all the senior leadership in the Army would sit down for about an hour and read this article. 10 minutes to read it and the rest of the time to let it soak in.
    I am sick of the way the Army continues to place an emphasis on running over ever other physical training needs. I have personally seen where unit commanders and the senior enlisted exalt soldiers with a 12 minute 2 mile time over other soldiers. As if this is an achievement worthy to be recognized. I swear I'm not making this up. These same leaders actually believe that these people that can run really fast are better soldiers. I'm serious.
    These same soldiers get "downrange" and can barely handle thier own fucking equipment in that hot-ass, rugged, nasty terrain.
    Now I'm not bashing the American fighting man/woman, it's just that I've witnessed this shit more than twice.
    Who would you rather have by your side if you were shot and needed a MEDEVAC, a soldier that could run 2 miles in 12 minutes or a soldier that could squat 300-400 lbs? Me? I want the one that could do the heavy squats because there is a pretty good chance that soldier would have the strength to pick my 210 lb ass up and sprint 50-100 meters out of the line of fire and/or fireman's carry my ass to a medic. Oh yeah, while both of us are wearing our gear. (You know, weapon, ammo, IBA with plates, helmet, water, etc...)
    Sorry for the long rant but that article was RIGHT ON THE MONEY and the way the Army develops, employs and emphasizes certain aspects of physical training over others, (You must run 3-5 X a week, but go to the gym on your own time) does not make a lot of fucking sense to me.

I think the big question is how to incorporate strenght training with your sport training.
    For me personally when i used to play and practice soccer 3 times a week i was so beat up the next day I could not handle any more training. I have tried more training and ended up injured.

starting strength coach development program
    Great article. The site just keeps getting better and better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast