starting strength gym
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Death by Prowler

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    That's damned disappointing. We'd all like to vote on it.
    You know....it would be fun to see how the country would go on the partition of California from the Union. I would call it "apart hide".

Legislators, if that's what you call them, just proposed a law that makes offering a plastic straw without request a "crime".....

1000 dollars and 6 months in prison.

The city of Stockton is toying with the idea of a "universal basic income" of 500/mo...no strings attached since the economy of that city has impoverished it's citizens. It needs to be funded entirely by the adjacent Silicon Valley.

You can't buy gas in California for 500/mo....if you commute a lot. Let's gas in WF....maybe 2.20/gal In California 3.60

License to use Prowler.....PRICELESS.

While I never had trouble in California, I've been having issues pushing the prowler around outside in my new, more central, location.

* My body warms up to the sub-zero (Fahrenheit) weather after about 20 seconds of pushing (and this lasts through multi-minute rest periods, standing around in my shorts). But my hands still need to be kept warm somehow. Gloves work, but they are slippery while pushing.

* I haven't figured out any way to keep by beard from freezing.

* Prowlers are less good on the ice than you might expect. When you hit an ice patch, you slow down to keep from falling, but the prowler likes to speed up. This is, of course, bad. If you hold on tight, the prowler makes it past the ice patch and stops. You are now the one on the ice trying to get the prowler moving again, while the prowler is planted on firm ground.

* Hills are best avoided entirely. Google for "Sisyphus".

* Finally, there is something about gasping for breath in icy air that just defeats you on long pushes.

Not sure what to do, except maybe take off one of the plates and add a bag of road salt.

I've recently started programming the prowler per the strategy outlined in the article.

I'm finding it difficult to get my HR above 175 or so...I get extremely gassed, even on the first round. Any strategies to work my way up to 180+?

starting strength coach development program
    First off, why are you set on 180+? HRs are extremely variable and everyone has to work within their own particular ranges.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345