Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The History of Westminster Strength & Conditioning

Default The History of Westminster Strength & Conditioning

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    A Day Inside a Starting Strength Gym

by Beau Bryant

“We opened the doors at Westminster Strength and Conditioning (WS&C) in July of 2010 with no clients or members. . .We now have close to 200 members and every one of them squats, presses, and deadlifts, and every one of them has followed a basic linear progression of the five big lifts. Every square foot of the gym is set up to train…To give an idea of what a typical day looks like inside a Starting Strength Gym, I have documented a typical Monday at WS&C. ”

Article

Sounds like a hell of a great gym. Very cool.

This is exactly what I needed to read tonight. Thank you for taking the time to write this, Beau.

Reading about all those strong women is super inspiring for me who's just one month in. Thank you!

Would be curious to hear your or others' thoughts on those "finer points of aggression". I think I know fierceness pretty well (hey, I have an autistic kid--enduring fierceness is part of the job) but would nevertheless like to hear pointers about how to get constructively angry at the bar.

Interesting article. I'm interested in how the finances work out, it'd be hard to keep 7 people employed with just 200 members here Down Under, but I imagine Bryant won't want to share those details.

It'd be good to hear how he went from no clients/members to 200, how he got his first ones. This is after all a stumbling block for many trainer/coaches wanting to open their own place. "I can train people... but who?"

Man, this is so fucking awesome! I would kill for the ability to be an intern in such a gym!

Ill chime in here. Being a carroll county resident myself it is very exciting to hear everything your doing around town. The county has a good history of kickass football teams already. To learn that every weight room nw has a copy of ss bbt3 is incredible. Also nice to know you got your foot in the door to talking common sense trainging into all of the gym programs.

Also I've beeb to your facility before. Would love to be a member but that just can't happen right now. Great place, great attitudes, and great people. I always recommend your gym if crossfit or weight lifting comes up in conversation.

This is a great article. Very inspirational. Beau, it is easy to see the enthusiasm you have for what you do. This should be required reading for anyone who considers themselves a strength coach.

A great read. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully you will help inspire more people to open more gyms and continue to spread the word.

Default Westminster strength & conditioning

starting strength coach development program
    Beau,

Thanks for writting this article. I really enjoyed reading it -- very informative, interesting, and inspiring. Hopefully, I can follow your example and duplicate your success in the future, after I leave active duty.

All the Best,
    Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast