starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So I have stayed away for a bit because A) I was consistently having the same problem and B) i had 2 terrible lifts in a row followed by a week off due to Thanksgiving traveling and Black Friday employment followed again by 2 shit lifts. Finally i forced myself to get through a lift. Then the next one went better and today's felt good.

Here is my previous thread for reference: http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=43632

Due to the shitty lifts Im in a reset. Today I did 285 with what I'm hoping is good form. Any feedback is highly appreciated as I continue to get my lifts back on track.

Thanks. http://youtu.be/R9TUuHYctYQ

These are solid squats man. I checked out the first and last video you posted in the previous thread, and these are way better than either. Feedback is to keep squatting, and add weight to the bar as frequently as your level of training advancement allows.

Also, nice shoes.

Also, don't you love it when some turd comes to take or put back weights on the rack you're squatting on in the middle of a set? Like they can't wait 20 seconds?

Hahaha... yeah. Not sure if you can tell, but there's an upright bench he had to squeeze between. There wasn't a whole lot of room. Not to mention, there's another rack with plates behind me that was not occupied the entire time I was there. That guy is always running his mouth about God too. He walks up to people lifting and starts going on and on about how he feels the Holy Spirit in him and the Devil is always trying to tempt him, but he won't let it... In fact, I don't believe I've heard him talk about anything else.

Thanks for the feedback. I was concerned I wasn't quite hitting depth on these. Regardless, I'll keep adding.

It wouldn't hurt to go an inch deeper, but a clear view of the depth markers is blocked because of the way the squat rack is constructed, combined with where you're standing. They looked ok on a once-over, but one more inch wouldn't hurt.