starting strength gym

Thread: Neuromuscular Efficiency for the Strength-Lifter

Default Neuromuscular Efficiency for the Strength-Lifter

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    by C.J. Gotcher

“[C]an we accelerate performance by tapping the neuromuscular system? To see if that’s feasible, we need to know how the neuromuscular (NM) system works, how it’s measured, and if there is a way to upgrade this “mind-muscle connection” to get more power out of the same musculoskeletal hardware.”

Article

I love this article, technical as it is. I might need to read it a couple more times and play the concepts around in my head for a while.

I made that same mistake of doing a murph during my NLP. In fact I did several murphs, marathons and a bunch of other things that were potentially detrimental to my recovery during this period; It's probably why for the longest time I was on an annoying plateau.

My thanks to Wagude for bringing thia story back to the top of the forum so I could stumble onto it.

I'm on the left side of the bell curve for NME, and the takeaway section re: low-NME folks might need more volume (or higher intensity at same volume) to apply adaptive stress is a studied confirmation of what I've been seeing in my own training logs.

Good stuff.