starting strength gym

Thread: Lifting Apparel Accessories

Default Lifting Apparel Accessories

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    by Niki Sims

In barbell training there are certain tangibles that are essential to the pursuit of becoming stronger. These include a barbell, squat rack, bench, weights, chalk, and a solid, flat floor. Beyond that, we delve into a world of accessories and props, some of which are totally necessary to assist in your pursuit, and others which can be quite frivolous, especially for a novice. The intent of this essay is to help you prioritize...

Article

I know the book says shoes are a must. I never spend money on myself. What is the difference in how you feel between wearing Chucks and lifting shoes?

Ever wear flippers when swimming? That's how big a difference a non-flexible sole makes. It's more dramatic the higher the bar is, so jerk and snatch, then press, and squat, with much less difference from the soles in deadlift and bench.

Try wearing solid boots for the press to get some idea of the effect. You do have boots don't you? If not, easy to find them for about nothing at Salvation Army or other place like that.

I use Chucks for deads, but weightlifting shoes for everything else. They just lock you in to the floor, it's incredible.

Hello,

The article mentions "proprioceptive input at the joint" with respect to knee sleeves/wraps. What sort of fault or scenario might be assisted by receiving "proprioceptive input at the (knee) joint"?

Many Thanks

starting strength coach development program
    Vera Nahce.