starting strength gym

Thread: Can You Put Your Kids on a Strength Training Program? | Mark Rippetoe

Default Can You Put Your Kids on a Strength Training Program? | Mark Rippetoe

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    by Mark Rippetoe

*We do seminars all over the country, every month...Every time, without fail, someone asks the question: Can my kids train for strength? Can they do the squat, press, and deadlift with me when I go to the gym?

Read article

Excellent article! Couldn't agree more. Let kids play..

I have two boys. They like watching me grind it out in our dungeon (basement) gym. As soon as they hit 13-14 (currently 8 & 4) years old and are at that tanner IV, I plan on putting them on the SS model of training. I’ll make sure that they are both showing signs of wanting to train.

I’d give anything if I could rewind the clock 30 years and slap the Muscle & Fitness magazine out of my hand and pass along true wisdom and not all the bullshit it took me more years than I care to admit.

Default Kids training

[QUOTE=stef;1611222]by Mark Rippetoe

*We do seminars all over the country, every month...Every time, without fail, someone asks the question: Can my kids train for strength? Can they do the squat, press, and deadlift with me when I go to the gym?

Understand that. I think it probably is important to start developing good habits as kids (e.g. sleeping, eating proper diet with enough protein) which will be helpful in lifting and helpful in life. Particularly on eating proper combo of foods including protein. Pretty easy as a kids to just focus on carbs and processed shit.