starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Progressive Exercise Science Community Embarrasses Itself Again

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I repeat my question.
    The first couple of minutes of this clip should help put things in perspective...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I repeat my question.
    The stupid shit doesn't matter, and I don't/won't put up with it. I've luckily not had to deal with too much outside of my teaching/research, but if the stupid shit cannon is ever aimed at me, then I'll give it right back and if need be, find a new position or profession. In the end, it's a job--one that I really enjoy--but it's not the only one out there.

Don't get me wrong, there's a bunch of stupid shit in academics; check out a faculty senate meeting sometime if you want to claw your eyeballs out. However, there's a lot of really great things that happen, too. I happen to be part of a department that is one of those great things, but I'm sure there are others on my campus that would say the opposite of their situation.

This is a great thread.

As a Seattle transplant to Georgia, with 10+ years spent in the Portland area, this makes me chuckle. Since it took me a very long time (35 years and 3 separate universities) to finally obtain my piece of paper, I remember the roots of all this PC stuff. It's been funny (not really) to watch.

The "Dean of Inclusive Excellence"? As the ever expanding costs of colleges grow in an effort to grab at the expanding federal student loan money pile, they come up with a need for this? I would say unbelievable, if it actually was. But the sad thing is that this is totally believable.

Good stuff.

That...is pretty darned hilarious. Yes...Dean of Inclusive Excellence. He often sends out email blasts to students and faculty , imploring them to join him at the various "safe spaces" he has to offer. Something about "exploring" safe spaces. It's a riot...or it should be.

There's also a steady stream of university mandated "on line" training. Sexual Harassment is 2 hours long. Soon the hours spent in training compliance will take up all the time available. Strangely, liaisons between students and professors are not prohibited but there are some guidelines......most of all be discreet.

Exercise science seems to be the one science that is the least scientific. [emoji16]

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Galioto View Post
    Exercise science seems to be the one science that is the least scientific. [emoji16]
    You forget sociology.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post
    You forget sociology.
    Geezers like me on E &P forum say political science is no science. Thank God there is a dipshit who will argue until blue in the face also on forum to make it entertaining and very educational regarding Leftist religion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12