starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Olympic Games: Time to Stop

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    If you watched the skiing you may have seen the surprise of the Czech snowboarder who won some downhill. I don't watch the Olympics, but my wife showed me the clip. The Czech lady couldn't believe she had won and neither could the commentators ... who where German. That was good, but unusual. The lady who thought she had won it was also rather surprised. Otherwise, I'm blissfully unaware of anything that happens in the Olympics. Oops, I tell a lie. I couldn't help but learn of the US woman who came last in some skiiing event and who qualified to go by taking part in events all over the world and in which the best were not present. What a load of cobblers.

starting strength coach development program
    I've been screaming to the wind about this for years. I think the games are just bloated beyond belief and need to get rid of 80% of the events and get back to who is the fastest human on land, on water, on ice, who's the best boxer and wrestler, who's the strongest, who's the most powerful, who can jump the highest, who can throw the farthest, etc. Gymnastics and Ice Skating can stay, but the rest? All the "games"? Beach volleyball? Curling? Windsurfing? Karate/TaeKwonDo/Judo? GTFOH.

Simplify.

And yes, focus on the athleticism, not the "human interest story".

(Sorry, you got me all worked up.)

a011e5ebc7431622e3ad1da5ab667635.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12