starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Appetite

Default Appetite

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    You guys have any tips on regaining your appetite on those days you just don't feel like eating anything?

I eat just fine post-workout, but sometimes on my off-workout days I have no appetite. I don't do any cardio because I am trying to bulk, but I think that might be causing the problem. I almost have to force myself to eat on off-days because I know I'm not eating enough.

Or is this what everyone goes through? I'm not counting calories, I just try to eat every 3 hours and eat until I'm full. When I have no appetite (and I know I'm not full) it begins to cause me problems. For everyone who is bulking, do you have to push it a bit to hit your daily calorie goals?

Vit B12 helps increase appetite and also increase energy. You may want to give this a try.

Welcome to the eating aspect of training.

If I'm not active, I too lose all appetite. On a lazy, rainy-day, Sundays, I could seriously have a big breakfast, and then not eat all day long if I let my appetite do the talking.

You have to realize that recovery is what makes you big and strong. Sometimes getting enough sleep, consuming a caloric surplus, and cramming 200 g of protein a day is much more difficult than 60-90 minutes of back-breaking labor in the gym.

1) count your calories on a typical day, you're probably not eating as much as you think.

2) sometimes you just have to cram it down. Pizza, bacon cheeseburgers, milkshakes, most breaded-chicken products in your grocer's freezer aisle... these are your friends.

Good luck, and as a wise man once said "Go eat people."

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherIron View Post
    Vit B12 helps increase appetite and also increase energy. You may want to give this a try.
    I'm gonna try out the B12-thing if I can find any. Thanks. And FWIW liver increases appetite and energy as well. But it's damned hard to eat...

Sometimes you don't feel like lifting. But if you want to get stronger, you have to lift.

Sometimes you don't feel like eating. But if you want to get stronger...

Your body wants to stay the same. One of the ways it gets this happening is with appetite. When you say, "ah, that's enough," that's your body saying, "if you eat less than this, we'll get smaller; if you eat more than this, we'll get bigger."

Sometimes it isn't just about "wanting" to eat more, though. Sometimes after heavy squats and deadlifts I go home and I'm just totally wiped, but for some reason I can't eat food. If i try to chew and swallow something I'll choke and gag. My body just rejects food till an hour after I get home, then I can eat again.

But I can always chug milk

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaMatt View Post
    Sometimes it isn't just about "wanting" to eat more, though. Sometimes after heavy squats and deadlifts I go home and I'm just totally wiped, but for some reason I can't eat food. If i try to chew and swallow something I'll choke and gag. My body just rejects food till an hour after I get home, then I can eat again.
    Thats why god invented whey and milk

tru dat, Mazda. I hate the lightheaded gaggy post training condition.

I too chug milk and whey after lifting, then eat real food an hour or two later.

I know someone mentioned this on a previous post, and when I tried it, it worked... Cold soak after training equals blood shunted back to the core viscera equals increased digestion ability. Might just be in my head... Either way, as long as it works.

I will try this on Friday. I usually get home to wifey rushing me to get ready to eat, so I usually shower after struggling to eat and then eat more after.

starting strength coach development program
    A shake is great PWO. I would say have whey and dextrose/maltdexrose mix for simple carbs and protein

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast