starting strength gym

Thread: Back Rehab: A Case Study

Default Back Rehab: A Case Study

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    by LtCol Christian "Mac" Ward

“I was painfully aware of one thing – I needed to strengthen my back. I needed to strengthen the musculature that supported my spine, and I needed to do this without further irritation or assault to the injured area.”

Article

So if I read this right it was more like a reset on squats and deads? He just cut back to ~60% and did the normal 3 sets of 5 reps increasing weight only when there was no pain?

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    So if I read this right it was more like a reset on squats and deads? He just cut back to ~60% and did the normal 3 sets of 5 reps increasing weight only when there was no pain?
    The following quote from the article makes me think it was more than just a mere reset...

"Which part of my training was the most effective to achieving my full recovery? All of it, and no part of it could have been left out. I trained my body as an integrated machine."

Not sure what either of you guys is missing. The article describes how strength, using the complete, integrated movements found with the sort of barbell lifts described, rehabbed his back.

This is the sort of thing that happens all the time, every day, for people who use their bodies rather than let things shrivel up and become fragile after an injury by not training.