starting strength gym

Thread: Pronounced shift to one side on Squat and Deadlift

Default Pronounced shift to one side on Squat and Deadlift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello from Spain and thanks to the community.
    Last summer I did an LP and got very happy with the results, I ended up with this number:

Deadlift:195Kg for 5 squat 167.5x 5 singles
    Bench press: close to 100kg for 5 sets of 3
    Press:75kg 3x5
    PC: around 75kg
    BW: around 84kg at the time

Then I tried the Texas Method for some time until I had very strong back pain and sciatica, about 4 months ago (now the pain is not that bad and is only in the flat and leg) to the point that I had to take the weight on the squat and the deadlift all the way down to 60 kilos or less depending on the day, now I am, now I am doing some form of HLM with no Olympic movements and a lot of chins
    After I posted on the technical forum and they give me some clues, (like pointing hard out on my right knee on the squat) it improved a bit but you can see there is still an exaggerated shift to one side:

I also tried to switch the grip to the other side on the deadlift which I think made a little difference maybe

they also suggested me to take the threat to your more experienced coaches and I would be very grateful for your opinion or if you have any experience with such a case.

Hey Fernando

Yes, I see what you mean about the shifting. What do you mean by "now the pain is not that bad and only in the flat and leg"?

Have you been diagnosed with anything? Either scoliosis or a leg length discrepancy?

Sorry is on the left glute and back of the leg, i am waiting for an MRI but they made me a test to bend to touch my knees and it looks like i do have scoliosis but i still dont know at wich degrees