starting strength gym
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Denver

JayLivsey is offline Owner, Starting Strength Denver

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I really hope this turns out to be fake news, what an idiot-

"Many have speculated that Koepka lost the weight for an upcoming appearance in ESPN‘s The Body Issue, in which famous athletes are photographed in the nude to show off their athletic builds. That’s likely what Chamblee was referring to when he claimed Koepka’s weight loss was for “vanity reasons, for a vanity shoot.”

Abs...

Quote Originally Posted by JayLivsey View Post
    I really hope this turns out to be fake news, what an idiot-

"Many have speculated that Koepka lost the weight for an upcoming appearance in ESPN‘s The Body Issue, in which famous athletes are photographed in the nude to show off their athletic builds. That’s likely what Chamblee was referring to when he claimed Koepka’s weight loss was for “vanity reasons, for a vanity shoot.”

Abs...
    Such a crazy story. Guys have reshaped their bodies in the name of improvement, but I can't recall someone at the top of their game doing it strictly for aesthetics.

Brandel isn't wrong about Koepka, but he's also been very critical of the fitness routines of Rory, Jason Day and Tiger. I don't remember him being critical of Brooks or DJ lifting when they're winning majors and near the top of the world rankings. There's a reason all the players and coaches can't stand him.

I have another site visit scheduled for this morning, we should have some news from the landlord by Friday at the latest.

I think we finally have a site for the first Denver gym. The location at Wadsworth and Colfax fell through for a myriad of reasons but I found a MUCH better alternative. We have agreed in principle for a 2500sf space located a couple of doors down from Casa Bonita. I am waiting for the lease but have already started the build-out process. Make sure you are signed up for the early interest newsletter so you can be first in line to sign up for SS Denver!

I am currently waiting on a revised lease for the space in the Casa Bonita shopping center. We are currently negotiating the details involving the build out/permitting process. I should have some news by the end of the week that might clear up our timeline for opening. Please post any questions relating to SS Denver in this thread, I'm excited to get our gym open!

Any news on opening day? I'm up in Loveland and cannot join, but am interested in attending a Squat Camp.

It's looking like late summer for the opening, I should know something more by this afternoon or Monday. We will definitely have squat camps and private coaching available for you when you're ready to make a trip down from Loveland!

Quote Originally Posted by JayLivsey View Post
    We have agreed in principle for a 2500sf space located a couple of doors down from Casa Bonita.
    And the same strip mall as Planet Fitness? Oh the irony!

Look forward to meeting you Jay! I'm a garage gym strength coach (10 years coaching experience, failed the platform May 2018, coached by Anna-Marie through SSOC, wrapping up SSOC- Coaching Academy, Ness' group). Nervous as fuck, but know I have the tools and experience to pass the platform if I give it my best.

Oh, and Stian, another guy from my SSOC-CA group (out of DTC), will be there as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Beall View Post
    And the same strip mall as Planet Fitness? Oh the irony!

Look forward to meeting you Jay! I'm a garage gym strength coach (10 years coaching experience, failed the platform May 2018, coached by Anna-Marie through SSOC, wrapping up SSOC- Coaching Academy, Ness' group). Nervous as fuck, but know I have the tools and experience to pass the platform if I give it my best.

Oh, and Stian, another guy from my SSOC-CA group (out of DTC), will be there as well!
    Good to meet you (well, hear from you! Scott. Best of luck with the platform mate! I look forward to hearing how you go.

starting strength coach development program
    We are currently waiting on a response from the landlord so we can move from the LOI phase to the lease phase. In the meantime, I had the architect out to the space last week and he has already submitted a request for a toilet room waiver so we won't have to build another restroom. If we get the waiver approved, our build out timeline will be shortened considerably.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast