starting strength gym
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Houston

J.D. Shipley is offline Owner, Starting Strength Houston

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    We're rolling now! Lease is signed, plans are drawn up and being finalized. We're moving to permitting in the next couple days! We've started to order furniture and equipment.

Not only that but we've set our open date to Aug. 5th and Monday morning (May 6th) we launched sign ups on the website ---> here's the link to reserve a spot

Throughout our search for the right location, we found out that real estate in the middle of Houston is 20% more expensive that what our business model called for so we're having to increase the rate of the group coaching subscription to $365/mo. To honor the rate that was previously published, we're holding the $315 for 10 days starting from our May 6th launch - it expires May 16th. For those who jump at this opportunity, the rate will never change for as long as the membership is maintained active.

Let me know if you have any questions here or shoot me an email - jd@startingstrengthgyms.com

Great stuff JD! Glad to see things are rolling along. Bring on August.

Submitted the final construction drawings to the City of Houston for permitting last week. Anyone know someone that works with the CoH Permitting Center that can help me understand this black-box?

Josh and I are moving on to apprentice selection! We've had quite a bit of interest and are thankful for the current pool of candidates.

We have a coaching staff that is par excellence and want to continue to reflect this in our apprentice program.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. Shipley View Post
    Josh and I are moving on to apprentice selection! We've had quite a bit of interest and are thankful for the current pool of candidates.

We have a coaching staff that is par excellence and want to continue to reflect this in our apprentice program.
    It’s really exciting to hear about all the progress, J.D.!

Hey JD, I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this conversation. It sounds like Josh has made great progress, despite 'cheating on you' with Krav Maga! I literally laughed out loud when you said that. Ha ha. But it's so true, despite the great results everyone achieves from the barbell training, so many are 'sneaking' other activities in on the side, and interfering with their recovery and thus their progress. Please let us know if Tessa starts training, it certainly sounded like you had her fairly convinced by the end of the conversation. Thanks again mate. And good luck with the upcoming opening of SS Houston!

Travis! Thank you very much for listening to the podcast. I had a blast and Josh has been a pretty compliant trainee despite the unfaithfulness. He's shown up at 5:30am 3x/week, every week for the last 15 months. We've modified programming when life gets in the way and he keeps plugging away nonetheless.

We'll see if Tessa ever makes it. Voluntary hardship is not something that many people embrace at the first exposure.

Please share the podcast and help me get the word out. Thanks for the well wishes for SSH. Stop by and see us if you're ever in Houston.

Our temporary banner is up! It's been slow progress but there's more to come...IMG_4941.jpgIMG_4943.jpg

starting strength coach development program
    Wait, the pics in the previous post sucked. These should work???
    Starting Strength Houston

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast