Starting Strength Boston Starting Strength Boston - Page 13

starting strength gym
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 135

Thread: Starting Strength Boston

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    70

    Default

    • starting strength seminar june 2021
    • starting strength seminar august 2021
    • starting strength seminar october 2021
    I have an extra set of a Rogue steel barbell plates (45#x6, 25#x2, 10#x4, 5#x2, 2.5#x2) that I got for the gym but don’t need. If there’s anyone out there looking to buy the complete set let me know and I’ll send you info. Looking to sell them at cost. They’re new, never used, and I’d like to find them a good home .

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    70

    Default

    I’ve talked with some great coaching candidates who’d like to work and/or apprentice at the gym. Some of them are from out of state and ask were they should look for affordable neighborhoods to live near the gym. Any advice about where a person relocating here could rent a studio apartment and not loose their shirt? I don’t know the area very well other than to suggest heading North of the gym (Waltham, Weston) is probably less expensive then going South (Wellesley, Newton). The gym is at 993 Watertown, West Newton which is right off of I-90 Exit 6. Any suggestions?

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Frontczak View Post
    Iíve talked with some great coaching candidates whoíd like to work and/or apprentice at the gym. Some of them are from out of state and ask were they should look for affordable neighborhoods to live near the gym. Any advice about where a person relocating here could rent a studio apartment and not loose their shirt? I donít know the area very well other than to suggest heading North of the gym (Waltham, Weston) is probably less expensive then going South (Wellesley, Newton). The gym is at 993 Watertown, West Newton which is right off of I-90 Exit 6. Any suggestions?
    Correction: I-90 Exit 16 (and lose not loose).

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Frontczak View Post
    Correction: I-90 Exit 16 (and lose not loose).
    Hi Arthur, if you're looking for affordable (and smallish) around that area your best bet is going to be in Allston/Brighton right across the Pike. Lot of college students and young professionals there and housing market caters to those demographics. Most spots in A/B will be about a 10-20 min drive with traffic to that West Newton location.

    Watertown, just down Washington St, would work nicely as well.

    Of the other "W" towns nearby, Waltham can work. Weston is super-expensive, no smaller budgets and housing to speak of. Wayland will be similar to Weston.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Frontczak View Post
    I’ve talked with some great coaching candidates who’d like to work and/or apprentice at the gym. Some of them are from out of state and ask were they should look for affordable neighborhoods to live near the gym. Any advice about where a person relocating here could rent a studio apartment and not loose their shirt? I don’t know the area very well other than to suggest heading North of the gym (Waltham, Weston) is probably less expensive then going South (Wellesley, Newton). The gym is at 993 Watertown, West Newton which is right off of I-90 Exit 6. Any suggestions?
    Also check Dedham, West Roxbury, Roslindale

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Exactly what this said. First apartment should be Allston/Brighton. It would be a good spot to get settled and learn the area. Lots of students and young professionals and places to eat. And fairly close to the gym. The rent would be reasonable.
    And yes Watertown as well. Most of the other areas such as Newton might be expensive.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    Exactly what this said. First apartment should be Allston/Brighton. It would be a good spot to get settled and learn the area. Lots of students and young professionals and places to eat. And fairly close to the gym. The rent would be reasonable.
    And yes Watertown as well. Most of the other areas such as Newton might be expensive.
    "Reasonable" is a relative term, but all of the housing advice here is spot on. Even in one of the "cheaper" spots in town, someone moving from elsewhere might have some sticker shock, depending on where they are coming from.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    70

    Default

    This is EXTREMELY helpful. Thanks for neighborhood suggestions.

    Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    "Reasonable" is a relative term, but all of the housing advice here is spot on. Even in one of the "cheaper" spots in town, someone moving from elsewhere might have some sticker shock, depending on where they are coming from.
    Some candidates are from much less expensive regions of the country. But I’ve gotten serious interest from some folks in Southern and Northern California which I find very interesting. Would consider that a wash from a cost of living perspective.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    70

    Default

    We have two big announcements today:

    First, the gym will open on April 26, 2021!

    Second, our presale campaign starts TODAY! Go to our website to reserve your preferred time. Each class is limited to 9 members and popular times sellout quickly. When a class fills up we keep waiting lists to let people know when spots open up. Click on the link to reserve your time and get special pricing. Make 2021 the year you get stronger with us. See you at the grand opening!

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    102

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Great news! Iím too far away to be a consistent trainee, but Iím sure Iíll stop by a few times a year for a technique check-in if I can.

    Hope you guys end up hosting some individual lift camps too!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •