starting strength gym
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Boston

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Arthur what sessions are currently still available? I’m considering MWF. Trying to convince the wife to do it with me. I have a full gym in my basement so I would most likely just join for 2 or 3 months. I need the proper kick in the pants to get going again with the workouts.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    Arthur what sessions are currently still available? I’m considering MWF. Trying to convince the wife to do it with me. I have a full gym in my basement so I would most likely just join for 2 or 3 months. I need the proper kick in the pants to get going again with the workouts.
    Thanks for your message. For MWF classes, as of today we have one space available at noon, 5:45pm, and two spots open at 7:15p. We have multiple openings in our 7am and 4:15pm sessions. We have several couples who work out together which I think is great. Happy to talk over your goals and our various options over the phone. Let me know what’s most helpful.

Take an afternoon break with the coaching staff of Starting Strength Boston (and their dogs) at Auburndale Park, a 30 acre site on the Charles River just a few minutes away from the gym. Have soft drinks and snacks with gym members and Starting Strength enthusiasts from all over Boston. Leashed dogs are welcome. Park rules forbid alcohol. Please RSVP for directions and so we can plan accurately. See you there!
    E13E6E9B-D128-4064-9960-6ADFAD783C02.jpg

Funny story. Was on the phone with a potential customer this morning. He was listening to the Starting Strength Podcast while running errands. As he walked into CVS he noticed our sign next door and had an “OH MY GOD THEY’RE RIGHT HERE” freakout moment. Priceless What luck to have have the first Starting Strength Gym on the East Coast land in your backyard.
    IMG-3072.jpg

REGIONAL EVENT REMINDERS

Gym Meetup This Saturday
    The weather forecast looks great for our meetup this Saturday at 2pm. Join our coaching staff at Auburndale Park, just a few minutes away from the gym. Enjoy snacks, soft drinks, a view of the Charles River, and hanging out with the Starting Strength community. Bring your dogs, your kids, your friends and neighbors, and of course anyone who loves being strong as much as you do. Please RSVP for directions and so we can plan accordingly.

Deadlift & Clean Camp Next Week
    Annino Strength & Conditioning in Connecticut is holding a Starting Strength Deadlift & Clean Camp next Saturday on July 31 in Moodus, CT. Many of you have asked about camps. Cody Annino, SSC is great and we encourage folks to support Starting Strength events held in the New England area.

Several Boston gym members traveling for the summer have asked if there’s a Starting Strength Gym at their destination city. It’s exciting to share the news of our growth as a system. Congratulations to the new owners building out Starting Strength Tampa! Tampa will join Orlando as the second Starting Strength Gym in Florida. We look forward to their progress reports.

Congratulations to Starting Strength Boston alumni Coach Jacob Pearce for passing the Starting Strength Certification platform last weekend in Wichita Falls. Achievement unlocked!!! We wish him success in Florida.

That's really exciting. Congratulations Jacob.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

All Starting Strength Gyms teach upcoming coaches as well as members. Our staff reviews material Apprentices learn in the Online Prep Course and fills it out with real work guidance and examples. Here is Head Coach Nicole Rutherford going over programming with Starting Strength Boston Apprentices Sean Craffey, Michael Shammas, and Stephen Babbit after Saturday classes are finished. Do you have a passion for helping other get stronger? We'd love to chat with you about Apprentice opportunities at Starting Strength Boston. Let's make New England "wicked strong" together

IMG_4265.jpg

starting strength coach development program
    Coach Austin Khamiss is joining the Starting Strength Boston family as Staff Coach next week. Austin’s interest in becoming a strength coach grew shortly after completing his novice linear progression in 2019. He caught the “lifting bug”, and wanted to share his new found passion with others. While teaching middle school math in San Antonio, Austin took the opportunity to coach high school track and field athletes with the Starting Strength method. During the spring of 2021, he continued to teach in San Antonio while coaching at Starting Strength Austin, where he pursued coaching full time. He is thrilled for the opportunity to coach at Starting Strength Boston, and is committed to building a culture which is inviting, lasting, and a little wild! Austin holds a bachelor’s degree from St. John’s College, Santa Fe, where he studied the “Great Books”, focusing primarily on philosophy, literature, and the history of science and mathematics.

Welcome to Boston Austin!!!
    IMG-1500.jpg

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast