starting strength gym
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Dallas

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Carter View Post
    We are now in the final stages of closing on the deal in Plano. We have submitted a request for the draft lease. Once that is signed and we put together our timeline we should be able to start accepting pre-sales. Very exciting.
    Where will the facility in Plano be located?

Brent Carter is offline Owner, Starting Strength Dallas
    Starting Strength Coach

Not quite ready to announce final location until it is final. BUT NW Plano right off the Sam Rayburn tollway and very close to Dallas North Tollway should give you an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Carter View Post
    Not quite ready to announce final location until it is final. BUT NW Plano right off the Sam Rayburn tollway and very close to Dallas North Tollway should give you an idea.
    Thanks for the response.

I know exactly where that is.

Was hoping it would be in East Plano, but understand what the market looks like right now.

Take care.

Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Andy C. View Post
    Thanks for the response.

I know exactly where that is.

Was hoping it would be in East Plano, but understand what the market looks like right now.

Take care.
    If you are in East Plano I imagine you are pretty close to 75. Our first location is right off of 75 and should be a pretty quick trip even if you only train once a week with us on the weekends. Would definitely be worth your time to get some hands on coaching at a Starting Strength Gym.

Starting Strength Coach

We are very excited to announce our first annual Starting Strength Dallas Peak Week! The holidays are a time when many people let their training fall behind. We decided to give yet another reason for our clients to keep pushing and set some new PR's this holiday season. During the week of December 13th-19th lifters that signed up for the event will perform a mock meet during their regularly scheduled class times where they will work up to three ascending singles on the squat, press, and deadlift. Successful completion of the lifts will be used with a wilks coefficient to determine winners. Up for grabs for winners will be Starting Strength Dallas pint glasses and hats. Here is a preview of the sweet T-shirts Grant made for us.

Starting Strength Coach

Introducing our newest apprentice: James Crowley. If you train at a Starting Strength Gym you might recognize the name as the current leader on the Squat PR board across all gyms. James is a solid dude and has the makings of becoming a great coach. Welcome to the team James!

Austin has taken the crown...for now. Maybe there will be a national meet for the SS gyms where we can settle all scores...maybe I'll have a visible neck by then.

Starting Strength Coach

We will be having our first mobile DEXA scan tomorrow just in time for those looking to set some new years resolutions. It sold out pretty quickly but we hope to make this an every month or every other month feature to our Saturday schedule. Members of the gym get first notice in our private slack group but I will start posting links here as well.

Starting Strength Coach

Here is a spotlight from our instagram account. If you aren't following us on Instagram what's wrong with ya?!

Member Spotlight: Everyone, meet Oscar. ⁠Oscar came to us a little over a year ago with the goal of becoming a healthier, stronger, more capable individual. This man came in on day one struggling to hit depth with an empty bar, walked out with an intoxicating positive attitude, and came back determined and consistent three times a week for over a year, and is a true testament to the power of persistence. He has since lost 75lbs, while adding 90lbs to his press, 100lbs to his bench, and (we're not joking here) 230lbs to his deadlift and 250lbs to his squat. In short time, he also became the unofficial king of our nutrition chatroom where he would post truly Instagram-worthy food photos.

------------------⁠
    Squat: 45lbs - 295lbs⁠ (Day 1 was an empty bar squat to the depth of a plate stacked on top of a box)
    Bench: 95lbs - 195⁠lbs
    Press: 70lbs - 160lbs
    Deadlift: 135lbs - 365lbs (Day 1 was a rack pull from mid-shin)
    ------------------⁠
    *What do you do professionally?⁠

I am Senior Manager of Real Estate & Development Analytics for Wingstop Restaurants.⁠

*What was your motivation for wanting to start lifting weights?⁠

My primary motivation was to simply become healthier. The prospect of getting strong in the process was also very appealing.⁠

*Who is your coach and who are your training buddies? ⁠

Coach Jordan (@j_burnett_ssc). Buddies are Ileana, Judson, Keith, Paul, and Mark

*What has been your nutrition approach for losing nearly 75lbs?⁠

Prioritizing lean protein at every meal has been critical. My usual meal consists of half a plate of vegetables, quarter plate of protein, and quarter plate of carbs. Maintenance phases (eating in neither a deficit nor a surplus to allow the body to settle into its new weight) have been a game changer for me. Above all, lots of patience and consistency. Losing weight can be a long process with peaks and valleys.

*What benefits of losing weight and getting stronger have you experienced outside the gym? ⁠

General increased confidence in my ability to do difficult things. My fasting glucose and blood pressure went from pre-diabetic and hypertensive to normal within a year. Many every day life activities are now easier for me.⁠

*What lifting accomplishments are you most proud of? ⁠

For the first time in my adult life, I am fully confident in my ability to reverse and control my obesity. When I started I could not deadlift at all due to my size. I recently pulled 365 during peak week.⁠

starting strength coach development program
    Makes me wonder if there is a market for Canadian expansion into Toronto.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast