starting strength gym
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Dallas

Brent Carter is offline Owner, Starting Strength Dallas
    Starting Strength Coach

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Well, buildout is still going along for the Plano location. It's a little slower than we wanted and the recent winter storm didn't help but its progressing nonetheless. Will have a more clear picture of timeline soon so that we can announce pre-sales and grand opening date.

Some unexpected news is that there is a 6"x6" support beam that was revealed when we knocked out an interior wall. Back to the architects to figure out how to arrange our platforms...

....turn it into an upright?

That's the leaning beam. It doesn't provide support to the structure; it provides support to coaches. Truly, an engineering marvel.

Starting Strength Coach

Finally! SS Plano Pre-sales are LIVE!!

We can finally start selling early adopter memberships to the Plano gym. About 10 folks from the Dallas gym will be relocating so some classes are already filling up. In order to keep the quality of coaching at the highest possible standard class sizes are limited. If like most people you are looking to train before/ after your 9-5 use the registration link below to snag your spot before someone else does.

Soft opening with Intro sessions will begin the week of April 19th and the full schedule of sessions begins the week of the 26th.

The Dallas gym is wait list only for every class and we expect the Plano gym to fill up faster than our first venture in Dallas did.

Register here:
    Starting Strength Plano Sign-Up

Things have been moving VERY fast the last week and there is no sign of slowing down! Racks, plates, barbell holders and everything else needed to maximize your strength training efforts arrives next week. Just in time for our first sessions to start on the 19th!

Starting Strength Coach

While I have been spending more time at the Plano gym getting ready for this weeks sessions the Dallas gym continues to be a force to be reckoned with. So much so that we caught Robert Santana snooping around...

Go back to the commie state of Arizona, Santana!!!

Starting Strength Coach

Sad news... we were planning a field day for mid-May complete with three legged races, tractor pull, shot put and more but the field we were going to hold it in is totally flooded with all the recent rain. Looks like it's going to be closer to end of June BUT that just gives us more time to prepare and get strong!

(note: The resemblance of the gentleman riding the tractor below to any world famous strength coaches is purely coincidental and not made in the likeness of any individual either alive or deceased)

Starting Strength Coach

I can’t believe it has been two years since we first opened our doors. Last year we were still reeling after the response to Covid-19. The timeline and lifespan of the gym is only just now sinking in. It is so surreal to look back and think about the vision we started out with and the reality of brining that vision to fruition. It was always in our mission statement to build and create a community of stronger people using the highest effective standard of strength training but when I wrote those words I don’t think I actually understood what they meant. There have been several instances that have truly taught me what that statement means and the impact of what we have done over the past couple years in building this gym and this community. During the response to covid-19 members would set up their gear for others to use, the gym loaned out ALL of the equipment, and members graciously ensured there would still be a gym to come back to by keeping us afloat. Later that year the gym came together and supported one of our own when they were in need by generously opening their hearts and their wallets. While more of my time is spent managing the gym and strategizing growth when I do get to coach at the gym it really is the highlight of my day and hardly feels like work. It is because of you the members that we have this amazing community of stronger people. Though I am honored to have played a part of building this gym the glory goes to you the lifters for showing up, training, getting stronger, and building relationships with each other and to our coaches for delivering on the promise of the most effective means of strength training. Here’s to another year of getting stronger!

Photo from our Pre-Grand Opening event in 2019:

Congratulations. This is a great milestone for such an important location. You guys had the balls to be in the group to get this thing started, and it's clearly paid off. Well done.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Starting Strength Coach

We are going to have a member event this weekend. One of our clients graciously gave us the use of her pool to host our Dallas and Plano members and I am brewing a few batches of homemade beer for libation purposes. Should be a fun time and a great way to beat this Texas heat!

Huge shout out to our coaches Jordan Burnett, SSC and Matt Hebert for competing in the first three lift Olympic Weightlifting meet since the 70's.

Matt Hebert won his weightclass and confirmed how much of an explosive lifter he really is and Jordan put up some very respectable numbers. Well done, Jordan and Matt. Even owner of SS Houston, JD, got in on the action. Check the sweet custom singlet he is rockin!

Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    Our first member gathering in a while was lots of fun. Folks from both the Plano Gym and Dallas Gym showed so it was nice to see the two communities come together. Sadly the weather did not cooperate so we had to move the party indoors. But the beer kept flowing! The beer was quite good if I say so myself. I should know. I made it.

On tap we had:
    Hip Drivenweisen (hefeweisen)
    Ale of a good time (English Mild)
    Oops a Hazy (Hazy west coast IPA)

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast