starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coaching while doing NLP

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Have you guys tried filming each other training and then watch through the videos together and find out cues for each other?
    And debts on the cues actually.
    I did this before and found it was very educational.

We were watching the video frame by frame using "," and "."
    It can be boring, but the last heavy sets usually gave us a lot of information.

Good luck!
    Thanks Zao. Yes. We are videoing each other although he still isn’t quite getting the value of it, I don’t think. He just wants to lift heavy shit and go. :-) I’m a far more analytical person, so I’m reviewing every video and watching every movement. Although, I think they’re going to make us wear masks this week (we lift at work until my home weights come in) so I have no idea how that’s going to go.

I am definitely at a point where I am forced to video it as I can’t see a lot of the mistakes and errors in “real time.” I finally got him to buy a pair of lifting shoes. Hopefully they’ll be in today so he can feel what it’s like.

I’m also working with Pete Troupos to help me with my lifts right now as my squat needed work and apparently I was really screwing up the deadlift. I’ve learned more from him critiquing my lifts than I have in a while. Sometimes it’s the feedback from the teacher when you make a bad grade that helps you learn.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Thanks Zao. Yes. We are videoing each other although he still isn’t quite getting the value of it, I don’t think. He just wants to lift heavy shit and go. :-) I’m a far more analytical person, so I’m reviewing every video and watching every movement. Although, I think they’re going to make us wear masks this week (we lift at work until my home weights come in) so I have no idea how that’s going to go.

I am definitely at a point where I am forced to video it as I can’t see a lot of the mistakes and errors in “real time.” I finally got him to buy a pair of lifting shoes. Hopefully they’ll be in today so he can feel what it’s like.

I’m also working with Pete Troupos to help me with my lifts right now as my squat needed work and apparently I was really screwing up the deadlift. I’ve learned more from him critiquing my lifts than I have in a while. Sometimes it’s the feedback from the teacher when you make a bad grade that helps you learn.
    hahaha I see. Record is fun to look back as well. I remember last last Christmas, before I fed myself up, i went to gym and did my first 100 kg front squat for a single. Still enjoyable to watch now. I can give myself quite some cues there but it was very nice memory.

I will do the same. I plan to get my feet wet with low bar squat for a little while before I move on to online coaching.
    One thing at a time. I feel it is a waste of time if I am not knowing what I am doing.

I will spend a lot of time reading my new books first. Ordered a lot of book from Assagard for my quarantine vacation. XD I am also interested in becoming a coach for elder folks (start with my mum and dad) as my hobby project.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12