starting strength gym
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloud's Get Strong Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Lol, Jordan doesn't get kilos. Damn benching t-rex.

I get kilos. I seem to remember through the drunken haze him lifting 220lbs or something close. In other words 100kg.

I PC'd 257lbs if I remember correctly...not great, considering you fuckers can strict press that much, but whatever. I'm gonna be back in town for a week starting next Wednesday, then I'll be moving back for awhile at the end of August, so we will all hit lots of happy PR's in the near future.

Tonight - bowling championship. Sucked it up in the first game, which was supposedly not going to count. The second game was supposed to be for the chance to play for the #1 spot, and I bowled a 224, which is good for me. However, for reasons unexplained to us, we were left out of the championship game...complaints have been filed, arguments had, etc. But bowling should be pretty much over for awhile, so I'm happy about that.

Forgot to mention that I found out on my first warmup toss that i developed a huge water blister on my right hand...which was real fun to explain to my teammates, who could tell something was obviously wrong. "Well, see, I have this huge nasty blister...from Clean and Jerking all day." Yeah.

I also broke my 11 day sobriety streak after the first round and had several beers. They were delicious.

Fell off the wagon over the weekend, back on as of today. Recovery over the weekend sucked. Weight is pretty bloated.

HPG 1:05PM
    Hour and a half workout

WU: Lots for about 15 min, shoulders both tight, right hammie feels strained, but not too terrible

Snatch: (light weights - power snatch, heavy weights - start getting into a real squat)
    50kg x2,2,2
    60x1,1,1
    65x1,1,1
    70x1,F,1
    75x1,F,1,F,1,F,1,F,1,1
    80XF,1 (PR)
    85XF,F,F

Last week I got one clean attempt and one ugly attempt out of 10 @ 75kg, so I improved on that, at least. I couldn't get 2 in a row to save my life til the very end. I kept losing it forward, mostly just a lack of shoulder mobility. Arms staying straighter WAY better than last week. Finally got two in a row at the end, and was pumped, so I attempted 80. Barely missed it the first time, then got a really, really good one. Was super close on 85 but I was just too tired at this point.

Progress is good, even if it is just baby steps. Looking forward to getting 200+ pounds, and soon after, 100kg. Once I can snatch 100kg cleanly, I plan on entering an OL meet.

HPG 2:05pm, about an hour

BP: Good amount of warmup
    Singles up to 255, same as last week - no easier, either.
    Backoff: 205x3,3,7

Chins: 10 sets of 2 every 90 seconds

Dips: 6,6,6,10

Shoulders only in pain on dips. Working my start position on bench has made a huge difference - I really set my shoulders back and down, internally rotated, and it seems to help a ton.

Hey man, sorry I haven't gotten back to you but I will probably be hitting up Eastside on Monday night around 9ish if you want to lift. I know it's kind of late but that's what my schedule is like nowadays, it'd be cool if it worked out. Keep in touch.

No worries Alex, I ended up accepting an offer to work out at a buddy's CF gym in Bellevue on monday anyway. Spent most of the week I was there with my gf since it was her bday. We'll catch up when I move back!

Monday was the only day I was able to hit a gym while I was in Seattle, unfortunately. I did do a lot of walking (3-5 miles a day) and hiked Little Si at breakneck speed over the weekend (even ran a bit). But I also ate a ton of donuts and drank a ton of beer. Whatever, it was a fun week, and I'll be back soon (ETA Sep 1st).

Mon Workout @ CF Bellevue
    5/3/1 Style DL: Warmup, 350x5, 395x3, 445x3
    (I just used the weights my buddy was using - he got 7 reps on the last set, but I left 1-2 on the table since I haven't pulled heavy in so long. Plus, I was wearing my slip-on Vans and my balance was all thrown off). Not impressive, but not terrible considering my training as of late. Also, no belt, which is strange for me on heavy DL these days.

WOD: 20 minutes, on the minute with a 135lb bar: 1 DL, 3 PC, 5 PP
    Weird layout, I know, but I decided to do the boxes WOD since I was already there. I smoked the first 5 or 6 rounds, taking about 15 seconds to do the work on each, and then hit a wall when doing PP on the next round. I was doing almost a strict press, which was a mistake. After that, I started missing reps on the PP each round, and was miserably gassed. I did like 1 PP for rounds ~11-19 or something like that, but got all 5 on the last set. I was freaking spent. I need to toss in some BB complexes after my workouts, obviously, because I don't like sucking at these types of things. Quite sure my heartrate was over 180 for a good portion of this, and I was sucking wind big time.

Weighed in today at 244.0 on the home scale. A bit bloated, so I'm gonna drop some carbs for awhile. I need to be a bit lighter when I get to Seattle to make it easier to get up some mountains - St Helens, Hood, Adams, and Camp Muir are all on the agenda for this calendar year, so I need to hit the ground running when I get back to town, before it gets too cold.

Back in it. HPG @ 12:45, almost 2 hour workout

BP: WU, worked up to 245x1 single, then 185x5, 205x3, 225x6

C&J: WU, singles up to 100kg, then 102.5 for 10 singles (on about a 3 minute rest b/t each)

FS: 100x7, 60x10

Bench was ugly, and way too hard. Still pretty sore from Monday, I guess. My last rep, my body started twisting so I called it quits, didn't want to tweak anything. C&J was tough but I got all ten reps. A couple were a bit ugly, but hey, better than the last effort, in which I failed a couple of 'em. By the time I got to FS, I was too tired to do anything meaningful, so I didn't push it. I plan on doing some deads and light squats tomorrow so I wanted to leave a little in the tank for that.

Got conned into another quick bowling league that starts tonight...doh. At least the theme for our team is camo instead of jorts this time.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob cloud View Post
    Got conned into another quick bowling league that starts tonight...doh. At least the theme for our team is camo instead of jorts this time.
    No more jean shorts?! Lyle is going to be sad.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast