starting strength gym
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloud's Get Strong Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    You'll have to excuse my non technical descriptions, I've only just started learning about the shoulder joint now that its injured...

It hurts on top where my trap connects to my shoulder and on the front left most side near my collar bone. My conclusion thus far is that its either a labrum or surpaspinautus injury. The joint has sort of a loose feeling to it and little popping noises when I move certain ways. Never had a single event that induced pain, it was just hurting one day while benching.

My plan is to start with some light high rep oh pressing soon. Your numbers are making it hard to stay out of the gym. I need to be stronger dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob cloud View Post
    Never too much info! Wait, yes, way too much. I just imagine Kittensmashessexygirlfriend doing the same thing, though. Noice.
    I'll have to work on pics...without getting caught. That wouldn't go over too well.
    Oh, and you will be proud of my new facial hair PR, I'll post a pic soon. I'll bet I am far creepier than yours.

Edit, the pic is up. See my log man.
    Last edited by kittenSmash; 04-19-2010 at 10:15 PM.

ILiftAlone,
    I tore my labrum two years ago. Fucker hurt. I stopped benching, and pressed at least twice a week. Really focus on holding "active shoulder" for a second. My shoulders started feeling alot better after a couple months. Do shoulder dislocates with a broom stick too.

I like this thread.

Shitty day was shitty.

HPG ~noon, 252lbs

PSn: 20kgxL, 40xL, 50x2,2, 60x5 singles, 70xF,F

FS: 60kgx3, 100x3, 110x3,3,3

Rack Pulls: 242lbsx3,3, 310x2, 400x2, 490x2

Bench, Chins: Skipped

I went into the gym totally stoked, but that quickly turned into totally shitty. Shoulders were very tight, had to warm up a ton for power snatches. Still wasn't very good except for a couple reps where I dipped a bit lower to catch it. Also noticed a very annoying pain in the front of my left knee, possibly from all the platform stomping during my power movements. Front Squats were harder than they should have been. Rack Pulls sucked, pulling from just below the knee. Used straps (per Rip) on 400+, and I hate straps, and struggled with them. Was hoping for 5+ reps at 490, might have happened if I had my belt and hadn't completely ripped off my left callous, but 2 was hard enough. My hands are FUBAR right now, I'll have to give pulling a rest until they heal. Will try to make it into the gym tomorrow to make up at least bench.

ajkhdfjkhasdfjhkasdfjballs

So after reading your log I decided to try some FS and some PSn for a few reps today...those suck. I need to get back with the OL coach and learn to snatch. And FS suck because my rack position is gay. Anyways, I suppose I need to do them so you don't smoke me on those. Competition bitch!
    You going to do the challenge on 70's Big Gant is talking about?

Yeah, Mini-Me, aka Jake Brisket, challenged me and offered his woman as a prize, knowing full goddamn well he'd smoke me on pullups and KB snatches. But I'll do it anyway, if I can find a 24kg KB. Biggest I've found at my new gym is 16kg, and with my hands the way they are, I can barely hold onto shit anyway, so it's just gonna plain suck anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob cloud View Post
    Yeah, Mini-Me, aka Jake Brisket, challenged me and offered his woman as a prize, knowing full goddamn well he'd smoke me on pullups and KB snatches. But I'll do it anyway, if I can find a 24kg KB. Biggest I've found at my new gym is 16kg, and with my hands the way they are, I can barely hold onto shit anyway, so it's just gonna plain suck anyway.
    I seem to remember it was you who suggested the TSC as the challenge. And I have no regrets about being named after something so delicious.

Jacob C, do you ever coach folks just for grins? I need somebody to come yell at me to keep my knees out and critique my (no doubt) hilarious PC form. My wife tells me that she's not the one to do it. Repeatedly.

I work out at home (in Austin just north of the new Mueller neighborhood) in an outbuilding in our backyard. If you're interested in barter, I have a somewhat disused charcoal grill/smoker that I'd be willing to part with. Or whatever.

Talking

starting strength coach development program
    Is it this weekend we are supposed to do the challenge? I don't have enough weight to max my deadlift at home. Looks like I will have to smuggle myself into a globo gym and hopefully max out before getting booted.

Robert, you are a brave man inviting a guy like Jacob to your home. I mean come on, he has a stache, and a rapist van. I know my butthole puckered up just mentioning that.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast