starting strength gym
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloud's Get Strong Log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by kittenSmash View Post
    Robert, you are a brave man inviting a guy like Jacob to your home. I mean come on, he has a stache, and a rapist van. I know my butthole puckered up just mentioning that.
    LOL, thanks for the heads-up. But hey - nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? I'll take my chances because I'm tired of feeling like I'm getting it wrong.

Good luck on the TS challenge, kittenSmash

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Beckett View Post
    Jacob C, do you ever coach folks just for grins? I need somebody to come yell at me to keep my knees out and critique my (no doubt) hilarious PC form. My wife tells me that she's not the one to do it. Repeatedly.

I work out at home (in Austin just north of the new Mueller neighborhood) in an outbuilding in our backyard. If you're interested in barter, I have a somewhat disused charcoal grill/smoker that I'd be willing to part with. Or whatever.

Robert, I've coached a bunch of my friends into and through SS/TM/etc, but have never pursued it as a profession, because, well, I don't look all that strong (or fit), and that's what the masses want to see unfortunately. But I'd be more than happy to come out and lift with you and yell at you. That sounds fun enough that I'd probably only charge a beer or two afterwards. (gee, wonder why I look like a fat hairy Kittensmash groupie??) Not sure where that neighborhood is since I just moved back to town (off S Lamar), but shoot me an email to jcloud at gmail and we can arrange a time for me to plan on not being hungover.

Also, Ksmash, the beard has grown back in a bit and the stache isn't sticking out nearly as awesomely lately. I should probably shave it down to just the stache again. After I won the league bowling championship last night, I stayed busy hitting up a pair of little ladies at an after party. For some reason, they weren't impressed by my van, and one (who is a skinny "kinesiology major") told me that my hamstrings were underdeveloped compared to my "awesome teardrop quads" (visible thanks to my cut off jean shorts, of course). I told her to eat a goddamn cheeseburger and threw away her number.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob cloud View Post
    I told her to eat a goddamn cheeseburger and threw away her number.
    Fucking awesome.

I told her to eat a goddamn cheeseburger and threw away her number.
    I blew Red Stripe out my nose laughing at this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by JAM View Post
    I blew Red Stripe out my nose laughing at this shit.
    I love Red Stripe.

That is fucking awesome. You should have told her that her posterior is under developed compared to...well anything. But no harm in nailing a skinny. She probably thought that was your thing. I mean with the stache, the sweet van and all.
    And most certainly clean that shit up. We are representing a special fraternity of men with staches. I'd like to think it says, "sure I'm mature, but I still like to party...with 2 R's!". I will be proudly rocking mine to dinner at the Space Needle next Saturday. I'll put on my nice slacks, shoes, and a designer button up shirt. But I think I need to rock my Stihl chainsaws hat with my stache and chops.

Glad you guys enjoyed me blowing off a completely decent opportunity for strange. Looking back, I could have handled this better. "Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

Ksmash - I have the plan ready for my 70sbig-stache-contest winning picture. Just need to sort out details. Bring it. If I win, you need to send me the chainsaw hat. Also, I think we scared away Robert.

Today: Introduced a buddy to Hyde Park and the main lifts, trying to convince him to join. He was a gymnast as a kid and has the retard strength for his size, was easily coached, and had very nice form for a newb. If he sticks to the program, he'll be a helluva lightweight. I worked in a few light sets on all the big exercises, but most importantly, I played around with a few tires out in the parking lot, and flipped the 650lb'er a few times. LOTS of fun, and instant metcon work. Also, weighed in just under 250 on the HPG scale, but probably just due to dehydration. Spent the latter part of the afternoon helping a friend set up his garage gym, which will be freaking awesome when it's done.

No I'm not scared away; just had a real busy weekend what with the gorgeous weather and having to work Sunday. I'll be in touch soon when I have a handle on my schedule. Thanks Jacob

"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"
    Possibly the best pickup line ever.

starting strength coach development program
    HPG ~ lunchtime, 252lbs on their scale (wtf? oh yeah, a half keg of beer and a pizza last night)

BS: 335 (+20)x5,5,10 (all belted)
    OHP: 145 (+5)x5,5,5 (belt on last set)
    Kroc Rows: 85lb DB x20R/20L

Definitely have a pulled something or another on my right side, mid to upper back (feels like it's under the lat, near the spine). Extreme pain during squats, even at 135. Slightly better with the belt on, but still extremely uncomfortable and painful. Balls. Didn't bother me on press, but I was just weak in general so I didn't even go for extra reps on the last set. Kroc rows instead of PC's since I'm pretty sure it was the power oly movements that got my back in the first place.

Since my meet is coming up, I'm going to focus on that, and stop playing around with all the PC/PSn stuff as much. It's fun, but it doesn't help me towards my goal right now. Pulled muscles, ripped callouses, etc. don't help me squat 500+ again in a lighter class, and I'd really like to DL 550. Oh yeah, beer and pizza don't help either, so they're gonna get cut down big time as well. Boo. I wish I had the frame to be a legit 275'er.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast