starting strength gym
Page 51 of 355 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: KONG's Training and Self-rehab

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I've got the triumvirate: lacrosse ball, baseball, and softball....Each one is a nice way to wake up tired dead muscles.

I want a rumble roller. I used one at the meet and it was awesome.
    Last edited by Dwayne_KONG_Wint; 12-22-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: added rumble roller

Default Acc W2 D2

OMG YESSS!!! Light weights feeling light....yeah buddy.

Bench: up to 300X1, 280X4X3, 265X5X3
    Floor Press: 225X5, 245X6, 275X6, 285X6
    Chest supported DB Rows 65X10X3 (hold at top for a count....very nice...good)

Circuit 3X10: Inverted Rope Rows, Pushups, Chain Curls

Weights felt light today as they should. Shoulder did not complain in the least. I started doing the rows as one arm rows with a slight supination of the hand but that made a tendon in the the left shoulder on unhappy. Creep recommended the chest supported rows keeping the hand pronated and focusing on the hold at the top. This was awesome. Keeper.

Happy Holidays all! I'll be back in the gym on Wednesday.

Default Re: KONG's Training and Self-rehab

I can't wait till those are light weights for me on bench. Nice dude. Merry Christmas.

Glad to hear the shoulder is coming along, can't wait to see the progress here.

Thanks guys. I've got a follow up with the shoulder doc on Friday to review the MRI results. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be told, "Its not bad. It won't get better though. Continue. When its bad enough, we'll deal with it then." I'll learn to deal as I have with all the rest of my injuries.

Default Acc W2 D3: Finally got it right!

Deficit Deads (3 inches): after warm up...385X5, 405X4, 435X1, 405X4X2, 385X5X2
    Squat against light bands (72 in. ~ 110 lbs tension): up to 225+light bands X6X4

GPP circuit 4X10:
    Situps (paused 3 seconds when fully extended)
    Reverse Hyper (on first two rounds)
    Hyper (on last two rounds
    Air Squats

I got the numbers right today for deficit deadlifts. I also made myself go through the deadlift set up steps in a very deliberate fashion. It slowed down my sets a bit BUT I didn't care. If I do this every time, it will speed up and become more and more automatic AND most importantly, the set up will be correct. I was MUCH more recovered for this session than last week. I thought I'd be wrecked from the increased weights on Saturday's session and the Prowler work. The opposite happened. I guess I just forced my recovery capacity to increase. If this is what the prowler does, I wish I had been doing it all along.

Last edited by Dwayne_KONG_Wint; 12-26-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Great deficit DL's KONG! I agree, getting your setup nailed down is very important. I hope you get good news from the doc too. You will find a way to keep progressing! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne_KONG_Wint View Post
    I've got the triumvirate: lacrosse ball, baseball, and softball....Each one is a nice way to wake up tired dead muscles.

I want a rumble roller. I used one at the meet and it was awesome.
    Haven't used a rumble roller or a softball, but lacrosse ball and baseball are pretty sweet for loosening up tight and tired muscles. I feel like a new person after doing 10 minutes of work with either a lacrosse ball or baseball.

Thanks Les.

starting strength coach development program
    Nice job with those deficit deadlifts Kong. The set up and bar path look much better than your videos from just before the meet.

Also, I hope you get some good news from the MD. Based off of what you have written, I think your instinct will be right.

JP