starting strength gym
Page 379 of 479 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 4785

Thread: sking's log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Effrim View Post
    Awesome. Thanks!
    The SPF powerlifting meet is not listed anywhere yet, but as Binford said, it's October 18 at STRONG. Battle of the Black Iron II is a crossfit total (squat, press, deadlift), and it's September 27th. Keep me posted if you do one or both : )
    Last edited by sking1001; 07-02-2014 at 09:59 AM. Reason: fixed date of crossfit total

Will do.
    I will plan on trying to do one of the two. I need to check the dates. The crossfit one seems appealing to me because I'm not able to bench because of a bum shoulder ( but press is ok). But, I'm pretty sure I have a wedding to go to that weekend.

Well it would be cool to meet you, Matt. Hope it works out.

----------------------------

Wednesday GPP Day

8-10 min upper back: wide grip lat pulldowns, seated cable rows w/ v-handle
    8-10 min abs: ab wheel, planks, hanging knee raises
    10 rounds elliptical, 10 minute cool down

I didn't count reps. For the elliptical sprints, I just started at the 1-minute mark. I didn't think I needed to warmup since my heart rate was already over 130.

Anyone on Jordan's program, did I do this right?

Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    Well it would be cool to meet you, Matt. Hope it works out.

----------------------------

Wednesday GPP Day

8-10 min upper back: wide grip lat pulldowns, seated cable rows w/ v-handle
    8-10 min abs: ab wheel, planks, hanging knee raises
    10 rounds elliptical, 10 minute cool down

I didn't count reps. For the elliptical sprints, I just started at the 1-minute mark. I didn't think I needed to warmup since my heart rate was already over 130.

Anyone on Jordan's program, did I do this right?
    Looks right to me.

Thanks, Mel : )

I'm hoping to acclimate to all this extra work. I do need to increase my work capacity. I wasn't sure if he intended for me to do both upper back AND abs, or split them up between the 2 conditioning days. Or do both on both days, oy...I'm always amazed at how much work I see you girls putting in.

Also, as I was doing the upper back stuff, I was just thinking that this would be bad if I were deadlifting tomorrow...but maybe not if I get used to it? This week I switched up the days so I'm doing squat and bench tomorrow, and I probably won't be doing AMRAP stuff Friday, although I'm not sure if it's intended.

Fun isn't it! But it is BOTH upper back and abs on both days. :-)

I routinely start to feel like I'm getting used to the work and then Jordan changes it to keep my life interesting and rather exhausted. But there is now doubt on my mind that my work capacity is better than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by scteacher View Post
    Fun isn't it! But it is BOTH upper back and abs on both days. :-)

I routinely start to feel like I'm getting used to the work and then Jordan changes it to keep my life interesting and rather exhausted. But there is now doubt on my mind that my work capacity is better than ever before.
    Ugh, thanks teach. I felt so run down last night. I'm just not used to doing that much on my "rest" day. I just couldn't wait to get to bed, and with the way I feel now, squatting will probably not feel too good today.

Quote Originally Posted by scteacher View Post
    fun isn't it! But it is both upper back and abs on both days. :-)

i routinely start to feel like i'm getting used to the work and then jordan changes it to keep my life interesting and rather exhausted. But there is now doubt on my mind that my work capacity is better than ever before.
    ditto.

Default Thursday, 07/03/14

I appreciate the input, guys. Another thing I'm assuming is that "Competition Bench" means all reps paused like a press command, right? That's how I've been doing it anyway. It's also interesting to transition from competition bench to a 2ct paused bench. It's really just like some drop sets with a pause that's a second longer, right?

So I wasn't really expecting a lot today with the way I was feeling (thanks Jordan), but the day turned out to be pretty spectacular considering (okay thanks Jordan). You know how when you hit the sheets after a long day's work, how it feels so good just to lie down? Every muscle in your body sighing in relief, and you feel like you never wanna get up. Well that's how I felt when I lied down on the bench for my first set after squatting, but the strength just kept coming. Squatting started out pretty weak too, but I just kept feeling a little more amped and intense as I went.

Squat
    135x5
    225x5
    275x2
    315x2
    365x5 RPE 8.5
    365x5 RPE 8
    375x5 RPE 8.5
    395x5 RPE 9.5
    I know this sounds weird since I've squatted 500 in wraps, but 440 is actually the most I have ever squatted without wraps. One thing I love about accumulation is feeling like I don't have to mess with the wraps at all. So 395x5 is actually kind of a no wraps PR as of late, especially since my squat has been in the dumper. Believe it or not, I did squat 405x5 a year and a half ago without wraps, but it was an RPE 11. (link) I also squatted 405x8 with wraps about six months later. Seems like I should be further along by now, but whatever. I was pretty happy with today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSVMh28uLqk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDS6c2R3HI0

Competition Bench
    135x5
    185x3
    225x3
    255x5 RPE 8
    265x5 RPE 9
    270x5 - PR, RPE 9
    Actually looking back, 255 is even a PR for 5 reps paused. I accidentally rested a little longer after the first set with 265, so I just bumped it 5 pounds. With the way Matt has taught me to explode off my chest, there really isn't that much difference between my competition bench and my touch and go. I just PRd my touch and go Tuesday with 275x5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5rAnwviSMw

2ct Paused Bench
    245x5 RPE 8.5
    250x5 RPE 9
    No warmups. I guess this is just kind of like some drop sets with a longer pause. So I was about 1.5 hours in by the last set and was really feeling pooped. Seemed like I could probably go again, but I hardly saw the point.

I'm surprised by the amount of work I got in in my usual amount of time. I can't image how I'm going to feel in the morning. I'm also surprised I could perform like I did on the bench, even setting a PR, because not only are my lats sore, but my pecs are actually sore today. I very RARELY feel that. Something about the touch and go bench Tuesday I guess.

I'll get some video up later....
    Last edited by sking1001; 07-03-2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: grammar, added video links

starting strength coach development program