starting strength gym
Page 206 of 278 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2775

Thread: Gillian's Journey

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Nice socks!

these videos motivated me tonight in the gym. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillian Mounsey View Post
    Kind of a bitter sweet post. It turns out that the Powerlifting Watch records that I had to go off of were not up to date. They are the only site that compiles the records across all federations. They have since been updated and the Raw All Time Total World Record at 148 belongs to Taylar Stallings with a total of 1179. Previously the record belonged to Stephanie Rogers with an 1110. That is the record that I set out to break with my 1115 performance this past weekend. Oh well. Taylar is amazing - an athlete, competitor and human being of the highest caliber. I will catch her in due time. For now it's on to olympic weighlifting and some fun in the gym.
    It seems they updated it within a day of you announcing your win. I looked it up right after your post and it still had Rogers. I rechecked less than 24 hours later and they had changed it (despite it saying it wasn't updated since august). Really strange.

Mike, thanks for that. It proves I'm not crazy. Same experience for me. I'm pretty sure that someone (I actually know who) brought it to their attention. I only wish it was correct to begin with. That would have saved me quite a lot of embarrassment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

King of the Jews, that is hysterical. I just snorted and my coffee ended up all over the table. Thank you.

Did some recovery work yesterday. Light conditioning, shoulder rehab, light presses and pull-ups. My shoulder is angry after the meet.

Tuesday 10/1/13
    Squat
    265 3x5

Pull-ups
    Didn't count, they make my shoulder feel better

I'm exhausted. Training by feel this week. Taking a much needed de-load. Trying to sleep well, eat well and recover before beginning the next phase of my training. My system freaked out after the meet and I hit a body weight of 144 yesterday. This happened the last time I tried to cut as well. I kept losing weight after the reload.

I can't wait for the Starting Strength Coaches Association conference this weekend in Wichita Falls. I'm giddy like a child at Christmas.

Last edited by Gillian Mounsey; 10-01-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Wednesday 10/2/13

And so it begins. Starting to feel recovered today. Day 1 of Oly training. My form is horrendous but I am strong. It felt great. Nothing like the rush of putting weight overhead.

Hang Power Snatch up to 65kg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ANL3HY50w

Clean & Jerk up to 90kg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLcekYVpUSY

I had a lot more on the c&J today. Maybe another 10-15 kilos but I decided to call it quits. I'm not going to be in a rush to put up big numbers. I'm going to enjoy the process and correct my form. I need 152 kg to qualify for the American open. On my first day today I totaled an easy 155 kg. I'm happy with that for a start.

The fact that you already can hit your qualifying numbers for the American Open on your first day of training, less than a week after competing in a powerlifting meet, is pretty incredible. Perfect example of how strength translates to the olympic lifts, even with less than perfect technique. Nice job, Gillian. Looking forward to seeing you in Texas!

She's probably too strong for olympic weightlifting.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Schudt View Post
    She's probably too strong for olympic weightlifting.
    Now those are 2 words I would have never thought I would see together on this board!!!!