starting strength gym
Page 136 of 443 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Alright kids. The highly anticipated training video from today. Only the most important, biomechanically interesting parts of today's training were included in this video. Which will no doubt be seen by at least 4 of my rabid fans. Thanks to Sarah for her excellent videography. Thanks to me for the excellent choreography.

Of ALL the injuries you've had, how have you never had elbow tendonitis??? Me=awestruck right now Props, man.

Also, Sarah's cool.

Alright kids. The highly anticipated training video from today. Only the most important, biomechanically interesting parts of today's training were included in this video. Which will no doubt be seen by at least 4 of my rabid fans. Thanks to Sarah for her excellent videography. Thanks to me for the excellent choreography.

I can hardly put in to words how honored I am that you finally displayed your deep respect and admiration for me by brandishing my initials in chalk on your backside while vigorously conditioning on a versa-climber. I think I am getting a little verklempt...

Also, is it not a little bit odd that everyone else at Equinox gets to watch TV on their cardio equipment, while your versa-climber is placed directly in front of a beam?

Best video on here. The socks, the little hip shimmy, and then whatever unspeakable thing you were doing to that poor barbell (with a very cheeky grin!) all made it epic!

Inspirational performance!

Just catching up here and this is priceless. Glad to see you are on road back!

I serious laughed out loud at the little butt shake at the end of the versa climber vid. I'm perplex that dainty machine can handle a man of your magnitude. You are going to wreck that thing. Freaking awesome all round.

Delayed reply thanks to Time Warner Cable's 24 hour internet outage.

Quote Originally Posted by Niki Sims View Post
    Of ALL the injuries you've had, how have you never had elbow tendonitis??? Me=awestruck right now Props, man.
    Who says I haven't? Do you think I'd report an injury like that to my public log, knowing the cause?!?

Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    I think I am getting a little verklempt...
    A completely understandable reaction, and to be honest, the very one I was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    Also, is it not a little bit odd that everyone else at Equinox gets to watch TV on their cardio equipment, while your versa-climber is placed directly in front of a beam?
    Guess they figure, correctly, that people on the two useful cardio machines - rower and versa - are actually working hard and don't need the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by lwoodroff View Post
    Best video on here. The socks, the little hip shimmy, and then whatever unspeakable thing you were doing to that poor barbell (with a very cheeky grin!) all made it epic!
    I'm glad you enjoyed! Sarah and I had a lot of fun setting all that up.

Quote Originally Posted by steven-miller View Post
    Inspirational performance!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Palmer View Post
    Just catching up here and this is priceless. Glad to see you are on road back!
    Thanks Walter. The year of the Wolf!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    You are going to wreck that thing.
    I hope so.

Default Thursday, 1/23

Yesterday's training sucked a big one. It was in the morning, which Sarah and I both hate, and my stomach was bugging me. I did some shitty pressing and half assed benching and called it a day. I'm feeling better today so if I have extra energy, I'll chin and maybe add the rows and tris in today as well. We'll see.

Press
    175x5, 185x5, 195x5, 215x1 + 185x3
    Notes: Trap was a bit better but I just felt slovenly and weak. The last set was a single followed immediately by pulling the plates off and a triple at 185.

Bench
    45x5, 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 275x5
    Notes: Really felt sluggish here. I called it after this.

Saw a soft tissue guy in the afternoon, and seeing him again Sunday. He thinks 2-4 sessions should fix the trap. It's a little better after one.

Squats and pulls in a few hours.

starting strength coach development program
    Good day today. Walking out in the freezing cold so much is sapping my energy some, but I still felt pretty strong today.

Squat
    405x5x3
    Notes: Didn't have a great feel for the bottom today, but still felt pretty solid overall.

Deadlift
    485x5
    Notes: No problem. Enjoyed pulling these in my new t-shirt.

Halting DL
    385x8
    Notes: Double OH and beltless - super easy. I'd like to do deficits; I'm going to ask if the gym has any spare floor mats lying around. In the meantime, the haltings are fine.

Chins
    Notes: Just making these up from yesterday. I knew I'd be too beat to also do rows and tris and then conditioning so I skipped the other UB stuff.

C2 Erg: The Protocol x 6
    I intended to do 1 warm-up and then max effort x 5, but had a technical difficulty on the 2nd round, so only 4 were all out.
    Splits @ 1:47, 1:38, 1:25, 1:28, 1:24, 1:24
    Notes: Not bad for after all the other stuff, but felt like I was a but sapped before I even started.