starting strength gym
Page 145 of 443 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Ward View Post
    Your deload is my pretty darn heavy days...nice work.
    Not for long, I am sure.

Ps Mac is back and posting on my log - life is good again.

Ummmm no homo.

Trained here in Houston at Cityside Crossfit. Thanks to owner Ryan Barker for being a very gracious host.

Squat
    365x5, 375x5, 385x5, 395x5, 405x5
    Notes:
    A few reps, notably at 405, were harder than I expected, but no major problems here at all. Especially considering it was my first 5x5 squat workout since September; even with the reduced load and ramping sets, sometimes 5x5 can sneak up on you. I was using mostly the really thick bumper plates, since there were some lifters doing snatches who needed the thinner, better bumpers, so there was a lot of oscillation on these reps. Probably threw me off a bit, but no problem really.

Deadlift
    515x5
    Notes:
    Not quite easy but definitely gas in the tank here. They were solid and fast. Could've gotten squoze a bit better on a rep or two, but I'm very happy about how these went. I didn't do any back-off work since I'll be traveling so much and having less controlled food intake, so I figured that combined with re-introducing 5x5 squats, I'll take it easy on pulling volume till I return to NYC. Someone asked me afterwards, "I don't mean to be a creeper, but how much weight was that?!?" I don't think anyone had pulled 515x5 there before.

Will get a video up on the DL set when it gets sent to me.

C2 Erg - 20/1:40 protocol x 8
    First two warm-ups at 1:55, 1:40, then: 1:26, 1:22, 1:18, 1:21, 1:24, 1:24

Monday's set of pulls, 515x5:

Those pulls looked strong, Wolf. Definitely have a lot more in the tank.

Lots of colors and very fast. Solid brother.

Quote Originally Posted by John Petrizzo View Post
    Those pulls looked strong, Wolf. Definitely have a lot more in the tank.
    Thanks John. Hopefully I can catch back up to all you fuckers who passed me while I was down, and kicked me as you passed. And then spit on me for good measure. Not bitter or anything though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Israel View Post
    Lots of colors and very fast. Solid brother.
    It was indeed a rainbow of a deadlift. I think, in order, it was loaded: 45, 25, 55, 55, 35, 10, 10. Muscle confusion.

Tonight @ Crossfit Conroe. Thanks to owners Andrew and Dan.

My shoulder is still messed up, but got in some not too awful overhead work and then the best cleans I've had in a while.

Press
    185x4, 195x4, 205x4
    Push Press
    205x3x4
    Notes: I did 4s in the press to ensure I wouldn't have to grind anything, and then 3's in the push press so I could focus on technique. Still felt weak overall, but the bar didn't move TOO slowly, and not much pain during or after.

Chins
    Notes: Didn't rest as long as usual, so were harder, but no prob.

Power Clean
    135x2, 155x2, 185x2, 205x2, 220x2, 235x1, 245x1, 255x1, 265x1, 275x1
    Notes: I didn't even plan to do these tonight (didn't have my pulling socks), but managed not to bloody the bar. I was just feeling frisky, and decided to take em out for a spin. Dan, one of the owners, was nice enough to provide a very nice spinning oly bar from the bar since their main bars were not very spinny. 275 for a power clean at my strength level is not impressive, but considering how bad my cleans were last week, how little I've done them at all lately, and that I did a squat volume and heavy pulling day only two days prior, and I was very pleased with this.

I felt like I could have kept going to 315 (275 really popped), but stopped in consideration of my lack of sleep and proper food all week, all the travel, plus plan for 450x5 squats on Friday.

Brodie Butland is offline Starting Strength Coach
    Consigliere

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Thanks John. Hopefully I can catch back up to all you fuckers who passed me while I was down, and kicked me as you passed. And then spit on me for good measure. Not bitter or anything though.
    You're still ahead of me.

Glad to see you're getting back at it--lifting's looking solid. You going to the Lexington seminar by any chance?

Default Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie Butland View Post
    You're still ahead of me.

Glad to see you're getting back at it--lifting's looking solid. You going to the Lexington seminar by any chance?
    Thanks Brody! I'm determined to pull 700 this year. Jordan will probably get there first but I've still got a shot of beating Petrizzo and D'Agostino there. Of course, they're both my good friends and I'm really only joking as everyone knows. I'd be happy for either or both of them, if they get there first.

Not sure yet about Lexington.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    It was indeed a rainbow of a deadlift. I think, in order, it was loaded: 45, 25, 55, 55, 35, 10, 10. Muscle confusion.
    LOL. Muscle confusion for sure.

Between the spitting and kicking I'm pretty sure there taunts and cat-calls while they passed you by too.