starting strength gym
Page 164 of 443 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 4428

Thread: Wolf's Log: From Cub to Direwolf

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by sking1001 View Post
    Hey buddy...not sure why, but I thought of you when I watched this : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9_GMt1lG1w
    This was pretty funny. Don't think I would enjoy the fries and sauce in my shake, though.

Those squats were a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosin Warrior View Post
    Those squats were a thing of beauty.
    Thanks. I was operating at way less than 100%, so I was glad to get them at all without being pinned. Not back to 100% yet, but much better than Tuesday. Hopefully tomorrow's ambitious intensity day will not be hindered: 495 for three doubles, then 565x5 DL.

I feel about 90% back to normal today, but after feeling like total crap Mon through Weds, it feels SO good to just basically be operating normally again. Pretty solid training session, too.

Bench Press
    345x5
    Notes:
    Warm-ups didn't feel too great on my shoulder so I was worried, but I really geared up for the work set, got a spot from a guy who knows how to spot and who I can trust, and nailed it. Best that bench press has felt in several months. Only 5# off my PR set of 5. Wanted to try 375 for a double, but saved my energy - still just getting over this cold, and have a helluva day planned for tomorrow.

Press
    199x5x5 - PR for volume
    Notes:
    First PR of any kind in a pressing movement in 4 months. Good news for the Jews.

Chins
    BWx14x3 - PR
    Notes:
    Only did 3 sets, to save some grip for tomorrow's DLs. I wanted to do a 4th pretty bad, but I controlled myself. Big picture Wolf, big picture.

Cable Rows
    220x8x3

DB Curls
    55x10

Great day of training today at Crossfit South Brooklyn. Always appreciate training in such a great facility, and even better to do so with friends who are also reliable spotters and great coaches. Bonus: Rip was there to see and coach my squats.

Squat
    495x2x3
    Notes:
    Solid. Much better, deeper, and faster than the last time my squat was up this high on intensity day (June, 2013). Rip commented on the first said that if I had to, I could've grinded out a set of 5 on the first set. You know, if I was performing, instead of training.

Deadlift
    565x5 - PR
    Deficit DL (1")
    435x5x2
    Notes:
    Another very solid pulling week. It's amazing how beat up I feel and slow my pulls are on the alternate weeks. And then how strong and fast I am another 7 days later when recovered. I think this every other week pulling plan is working out super well.

Points taken away from my camera man for these, Petreeeezo, for filming in portrait. Got the DL set and one of the two sets of deficit pulls; since I've never filmed them or seen them, I asked John to film so I could see my set and squeeze in the deficit pulls.

No conditioning. No time, and I'm still recovering from being sick, so don't want to push it. I'll get back to the erg next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wolf View Post
    Great day of training today at Crossfit South Brooklyn. Always appreciate training in such a great facility, and even better to do so with friends who are also reliable spotters and great coaches. Bonus: Rip was there to see and coach my squats.

Squat
    495x2x3
    Notes:
    Solid. Much better, deeper, and faster than the last time my squat was up this high on intensity day (June, 2013). Rip commented on the first said that if I had to, I could've grinded out a set of 5 on the first set. You know, if I was performing, instead of training.
    Nice educational point.
    I'm having the worst time not wanting to do more sets on ID day. But this is what I think of every time I'm getting annoyed... "Stick to the program, it will pay off."

Deadlift
    565x5 - PR
    Deficit DL (1")
    435x5x2
    Notes:
    Another very solid pulling week. It's amazing how beat up I feel and slow my pulls are on the alternate weeks. And then how strong and fast I am another 7 days later when recovered. I think this every other week pulling plan is working out super well.
    I totally understand this feeling. I definitely feel like there is an ebb an flow to how I recover w/DL.

Some really freaking solid numbers, Wolf. So excited that you're PR'ing lifts and feeling strong again... and got to do it all in the company of friends at a great gym.

My only disappointment is that I'm not at CFSBK with you guys.

Squat
    495x2x3
    Deadlift
    565x5 - PR
    Great to see you dominating these lifts again, Wolf!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Archenbronn View Post
    "Stick to the program, it will pay off."
    Da, Sarah; da.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Archenbronn View Post
    My only disappointment is that I'm not at CFSBK with you guys.
    Me too. Just remember who left who! Just kidding of course. We miss you lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Knowland View Post
    Great to see you dominating these lifts again, Wolf!
    Thanks Will. It feels great to finally be here. I did 500x2x2 and 500x1 in the same workout, but 495 is the best I've ever done for doubles across, and it's much stronger now than it was then. And deadlift is well past previous all time PRs. It's great to finally be on a solid run of training again.

Yeah, judging by how solid that 495x2x3 was, I expect you could do my current squat ID (520x1x5) fairly easily.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Knowland View Post
    Yeah, judging by how solid that 495x2x3 was, I expect you could do my current squat ID (520x1x5) fairly easily.
    Hmmmm...I don't know about fairly easily, but I think it would be a good, hard, solid ID. I'm hoping for a 555 third attempt in July.